Bah!

Backroads

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand. Turn your thoughts to other things. Have fun. You might be surprised. I've heard too very many stories of those who adopt and stop "trying" only to find out they are pregnant and end up with two babies OR adopt 3-4 and then end up having two of their own. Stress does affect our bodies. Try to not stress about it too much.

clarification: two of their own doesn't mean the ones they adopted aren't their own. sorry bad wording.

Edited by applepansy

I understand. Turn your thoughts to other things. Have fun. You might be surprised. I've heard too very many stories of those who adopt and stop "trying" only to find out they are pregnant and end up with two babies OR adopt 3-4 and then end up having two of their own. Stress does affect our bodies. Try to not stress about it too much.

clarification: two of their own doesn't mean the ones they adopted aren't their own. sorry bad wording.

Tangent rant:

I get really annoyed when I hear people say things like this. I've heard these stories too, but I've known too many people for whom this WASN'T the case. I've also heard too many stories of well-meaning yet insensitive people telling those struggling with infertility: "You need to have more faith. The Lord can do anything!" As if it's their fault they can't conceive. Just because the Lord can do anything doesn't mean that will.

End tangent rant. Nothing personal, apple -- I just hear it too often, and I have too many friends dealing with infertility. Okay, maybe not personal against you, but because of the people in my life, it's become personal to me. Anyway, I'll just say what I said and leave it at that. :)

Ooooh... I remember those pregnancy days. Hell on earth it was. Especially for my husband.

I have tons of throw pillows... and that's really what they're for. THROWING!

A long time ago I read that the average amount of time it takes to get pregnant is about 8 to 10 months. I don't know if that's changed but I do agree that the waiting is the hardest.

M.

So NOT true for me. I can get pregnant even if my husband thinks about sending over a sperm.

All sorts of curses, I guess.....

(Not to be insensitive to Backroads. If I could send you my super powers I would.)

Just wanting to do a small rant:

Getting prenant's hard. Haven't reached the time of "something's wrong with me" panic yet, but I am getting annoyed.

Sigh.

Rant over.

I went a long time, or so it seemed to me. after my second child not getting pregnant. Was beginning to wonder what was wrong and asked the doctor, even. (ok maybe it does sounds weird after having two kids but it was unexpected) With reason or not it can be quite stressful. I had completely forgotten that time till reading your post.

With the problems we had, our lives sometimes seemed to be consumed in our situation. My gosh 'baby' hormones can rule your life! I swear mine did. Maybe today is a good day to go do something fun. Just a little something to soften the stress up a bit. :)

So NOT true for me. I can get pregnant even if my husband thinks about sending over a sperm.

All sorts of curses, I guess.....

(Not to be insensitive to Backroads. If I could send you my super powers I would.)

I think an important word to look at is "average". I know a few couples that didn't have to wait long when attempting to get pregnant with some children while other attempts took much longer, sometimes years longer. Could just be bad timing.

M.

Just wanting to do a small rant:

Getting prenant's hard. Haven't reached the time of "something's wrong with me" panic yet, but I am getting annoyed.

Sigh.

Rant over.

Backroads, if your interested, I know ovulation kits can be bought to help determine your ovulation cycle. I don't know how expensive they are though. Good luck!

M.

Backroads, if your interested, I know ovulation kits can be bought to help determine your ovulation cycle. I don't know how expensive they are though. Good luck!

M.

I've been meaning to get them for awhile now. I'm doing all the charting and whatnot and figure an ovulation kit would be a smart addition. I actually spent my break looking at prices and reviews on Amaon...

Actually, I also ranted to my mom yesterday, and apparently I'm the one that's supposed to provide grandkids, not my sisters-in-law, so I'm half-expecting her to pop in with one because she also told me to get one. Not that I'm going to wait for her to do so.

I've been meaning to get them for awhile now. I'm doing all the charting and whatnot and figure an ovulation kit would be a smart addition. I actually spent my break looking at prices and reviews on Amaon...

What charting have you used? Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility, by Toni Weschler? You totally should. All women should.

My wife and I have been trying for about 4 years now and still nothing even though the doctors say she is fine and they don't think I need to be checked since we have had a child and we have also had some miscarriages along the way. Our latest attempts to help things along have been to "chart everything" and my wife has also been going to acupuncture. And while we haven't conceived yet the acupuncture has helped with some other "women issues" my wife was having.

My grandma didn't get pregnant the first seven years of her marriage. Then she had six kiddos, one after the other, like a wabbit. :) What everyone else said, don't over stress, give it some time. From my understanding, certain fertility procedures are not recommended unless you've tried to conceive for at least three years.. Anyway, enjoy your (ahem) freedoms meanwhile :] Yes, children are an absolute blessing but they're also a handful, and suddenly it's no more "hubby and I" but "me, hubby and the kids". I had no idea that trying to get out of the house on time with a little tike could be so challenging!

Frankly, I'm terrified at the idea of fertility procedures. My aforementioned friend was trying for two years before deciding they should attempt help. She doesn't mind it, but I guess I lean the other direction. I figure if it's not meant to be... and that's a rather sad thought.

Tangent rant:

I get really annoyed when I hear people say things like this. I've heard these stories too, but I've known too many people for whom this WASN'T the case. I've also heard too many stories of well-meaning yet insensitive people telling those struggling with infertility: "You need to have more faith. The Lord can do anything!" As if it's their fault they can't conceive. Just because the Lord can do anything doesn't mean that will.

End tangent rant. Nothing personal, apple -- I just hear it too often, and I have too many friends dealing with infertility. Okay, maybe not personal against you, but because of the people in my life, it's become personal to me. Anyway, I'll just say what I said and leave it at that. :)

There are stories on both sides. I would rather err on the side of hope. Nothing personal, we all have our experiences.

Frankly, I'm terrified at the idea of fertility procedures. My aforementioned friend was trying for two years before deciding they should attempt help. She doesn't mind it, but I guess I lean the other direction. I figure if it's not meant to be... and that's a rather sad thought.

:( Try not to think like that yet. You're still just at the beginning.

I know. But I have thought about it, even before we started trying, and (at least right now) I feel that if we never had kids, I probably would still be happy with my life. Which is probably why I have a slight opposition to medical intervention in general. But it's that thought "I think I'd still be happy" that leads to "But I still want kids!".

I know. But I have thought about it, even before we started trying, and (at least right now) I feel that if we never had kids, I probably would still be happy with my life. Which is probably why I have a slight opposition to medical intervention in general. But it's that thought "I think I'd still be happy" that leads to "But I still want kids!".

Are you and your DH not open to persuing adoption?

...From my understanding, certain fertility procedures are not recommended unless you've tried to conceive for at least three years..

I've never heard that before, I starting seeking medical advice with no success after one year of trying. Do you know what those certain fertility procedures are?

M.

Not all fertilitly procedures are difficult, a little time consuming but in the end if you're successful, it's all worth it. I had the proceduce called intrauterine insemination. Having a somewhat good idea about my ovulation cycle was key and it was a very simple procedure with no hormones required or anything intrusive. The hard part is the waiting but it all worked out, I got two babies because of it. Don't give up before you try, especially if the months go by and the unknown is driving you crazy. If all else, it is very educational, you do learn a lot. And personally for me, some of the situations I found myself in were quite comical. :)

M.