Video of child's first root beer fuels obesity debate

EarlJibbs

Juice has just as much sugar as colas.

Below are some actual numbers, home prepared juices may be different (as will obviously diet juices). I've included Root-beer for Bini's sake. Figures are for 12 fluid ounces and juices are considered to be 100% fruit juice.

• Mug Root-beer has 43 grams of sugar.
  • Pepsi has 41 grams of sugar.
  • Coke has 39 grams of sugar.
  • Barq's has 45 grams of sugar.
  • Tropicana Pure Premium - Orange Juice - Some Pulp (Homestyle) has 34 grams of sugar.
  • Minute Maid Home Squeezed Style Orange Juice + Calcium & Vitamin D has 36 grams of sugar.
  • Minute Maid Apple Juice has 39 grams of sugar.
  • Tropicana Apple Juice has 37 grams of sugar.
  • Welch's 100% Grape Juice has 54 grams of sugar.
  • Tropicana Grape Juice has 57 grams of sugar
Figures taken from:

Official Site for PepsiCo Beverage Information | Home

Coca-Cola Nutritional Information: Coca-Cola Nutrition Info

100 Percent Grape Juice - Welch's

Edited by Dravin

Oh my gosh! That video was adorable! I'm also guessing that the kid's reaction was probably due more to the feel of carbonation than the actual taste of sweetness. (Though a good root beer can elicit a similar response from myself.) Either way, it's not irresponsible to treat a kid every once in a while. Yeah, that kid will want more sugary drinks right after trying soda. It's all about MODERATION. Just because he wants it doesn't mean he's going to have it. And why is this about the root beer? They're taking their kid out to a restaurant to eat! How irresponsible! Restaurant meals are loaded with unnecessary and unhealthy calories! The poor child will never develop properly because those parents are depriving him of nutrients! <sarcasm