hey everyone im brodie and im new here i was raised agnostic but i want to become a mormon and i was wondering how to go about becoming a mormon

An easy way is to go to mormon.org and click on Missionary Request on the top. You'll have to send in some location and contact information and a missionary will contact you. They'll take it from there.

Brodie, I think its awesome you're investigating the Church. How did you hear about the LDS Church?

I notice on your profile you're 16. You should talk to your parents and make sure they are ok having the missionaries teach you. I hope they are. The gospel of Jesus Christ has enriched my life and it can for you too.

I second what applepansy said. It's awesome that you are interested but if under the age of 18, you will need your parent's permission to get baptized if that becomes your desire.

well ive been raised agnostic and ive always wanted to be part of a religious community and i thought being a mormon would be the best one

In my opinion it is the best, but if you are going to join a religion it should be because you believe in what it teaches.

In my opinion it is the best, but if you are going to join a religion it should be because you believe in what it teaches.

Agreed with this.

you'll learn how to commune with the Spirit within the Mormon faith

If you don't mind me asking, could you expound on this? That is if it isn't too personal or an inappropriate question. The statement just had me curious. Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thelema93
Hidden

Yes be sure that you are willing to ignore rational opposition, and do everything you are told. Also be sure that you will ignore what science has to say about the Book of Mormon and the native americans. About agriculture and linguistics.

Also that you will never ever ever have a sexual thought about the same sex.

Did I mention doing what your told?

Guest Thelema418
Hidden

You know they're a cult right?

Be ready to ignore scientific fact, like DNA and archaeology. Be ready to do whatever your told. Be willing to give up having fun and always be told how sinful and wicked you are. Be willing to believe in 2000 year old people who you can't prove existed.

Oh, and be willing to forget ever ever ever having a single sexual thought about the same sex.

• 3 weeks later...

well ive been raised agnostic and ive always wanted to be part of a religious community and i thought being a mormon would be the best one

...if you are going to join a religion it should be because you believe in what it teaches.

I have to second what mnn says. The LDS believe in some very specific things that most other Christians do not accept, and some would consider dangerous heresy. However attractive the Church may seem, the only good reason for joining it is that you believe those things are true.