Herbs for joint pain?

Rivet

I have not tried but I was searching once for something that would help ease this. There were 3 things that kept popping up. Cayenne, ginger and ginseng.

I was going to recommend about the same as pam, since they're all meant to decrease inflammation. I have one bad hip, and I think the inflammation is the main problem. I just go with ibuprofen when it's giving me fits, though.

I was given a Vioxx prescription for my arthritic shoulder nine years ago. It was a miracle drug; completely cured the symptoms of arthritis. Unfortunately, shortly thereafter, Vioxx was banned. So I started taking glucosamine tablets every day, and they seem to have helped quite a bit. Nothing like Vioxx, mind you, but they do seem to keep the symptoms down. Anectodal, I realize, and even I don't pretend it's a sure thing. But as best as I can tell, they do help some.

I dont know its exactly natural but one time my husband was joking to a friend who had a lot of joint pain. He told him he ought to spray a little wd40 on it. We all laughed. Later the friend thanked my husband for the suggestion. lol. He actually sprayed it on his joints and the most amazing thing is it gave him great relief. Not so sure it is healthy but it is very inexpensive! lol.

I dont know its exactly natural but one time my husband was joking to a friend who had a lot of joint pain. He told him he ought to spray a little wd40 on it. We all laughed. Later the friend thanked my husband for the suggestion. lol. He actually sprayed it on his joints and the most amazing thing is it gave him great relief. Not so sure it is healthy but it is very inexpensive! lol.

You know the Tin Man???? :eek:

I thought that was Windex.

Of course they had to clear the room when he walked in I'm assuming. Something about the smell? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some herbs that are beneficial for joint pain:

1. Boswellia is an India- native herb used for anti-inflammatory purposes

2. Thunder god vine is another powerful herb against inflammation.

3. Cherries can also be an effective herb against joint pain

4. some more herbs which are good for joints are dandelion leaves, desert evil and black cohosh

• 4 weeks later...

My understanding is that the most common cause of joint pain is an inflammatory response. This makes it fairly important to determine what is causing the inflammation. For some it is because of faulty movement patterns where a corrective exercise professional such as a physiotherapist might be your best bet, for others it is an inflammatory condition such as rheumatoid arthritis. Lots of joint pain also actually has its root cause in the muscles. You might find great relief learning about myofascial trigger points and how to treat them with self massage or implements to apply pressure to specific tender areas.

As for herbs, or supplements some pretty good ones have been mentioned. Glucosamine is thought to help increase synovial fluid in your joints and rebuild cartilage or at least prevent further degradation which is particularly useful for osteoarthritis. Boswelia, turmuric, curcumin and devil's claw are supposed to be pretty good anti-inflammatory compounds that should help in a variety of joint pain conditions. Tart Cherry is supposed to help clear out purines and acids that contribute to gout.

A great product for increasing circulation to and thereby improving nourishment and waste removal is MSM. It also serves as a mild muscle relaxant and is an effective pain management aid in many cases of joint pain. Fish oils high in omega 3 fatty acids are also anti-inflammatory and may also provide some aid. A more expensive pine bark extract known as pycnogenol is also a very powerful antioxidant that has been shown to be effective in many cases of joint pain as well. I would personally start with MSM and fish oil. I would also highly recommend looking into trigger points, the web is full of information about self treatment as well as having access to books for sale. One such place with products that appear to be good, but I haven't yet purchased anything there myself, is saveyourself.ca. This is website made by an investigative journalist/massage therapist who has dedicated a lot of time and energy into understanding and eradicating joint pain.

Edited by SpiritDragon

• 3 weeks later...

Hand crafted cures produced out of soil grown foods pectin and grape juice can mitigate joint torment, and decrease swelling and solidness. Pectin is discovered in the units of many plants and fills in as a thickener in arrangements for example jams. Grape juice is stacked with cancer prevention agents, around them, anthocyanins, noted for its impact on lessening irritation.

Edited by Zarnes

• 4 months later...

Flaxseed and Licorice. :)

My brother used to suffer from unbearable joint pain but after trying out a bunch of herbal remedies, he has narrowed it down to these 2. Herbal supplements are OK, but be aware that you can experience side effects if you're not careful with the dosage. Practice extreme caution, especially if you have a heart condition.

Edited by leonasmith77