Show that we are Christians

circusboy01

This is not really a joke. Just something I thought about, that caused me to chuckle to myself.

When asked why we do not wear the cross. President Hinkley replied. (paraphrase) Other religions show that they are Christians by the wearing of the cross. We show that we are Christians by our actions. I personally, have a back up system. If my actions happen to fail me, I have A variety of LDS, CTR, Moroni, Capt Moroni,and Iron Rod tie tacks, and lapel pins. a BOM,and a Salt Lake Temple tie clasp. A CTR ring, a CTR, and a Angel Moroni tie A Los Angeles Temple, a Las Vegas Temple, a San Diego Temple, and a St. George Temple pin on the bag I carry my scriptures in.

Non-LDS interpretation of these artififacts:

LDS: Too many would not know what it is.

CRT: Ditto

Moroni: Ooooo...angels...I love angels...I believe my guardian angel protects me...

Capt Moroni: Comic or action hero?

Iron rod tie tack: You grandpa worked for the railroads?

BoM: ***This would identify you as a Mormon all right***

Temple tie clasps: Cool...I go to Calvary Temple myself...what denomination is your church?

So, I think carrying scriptures is your best bet. And, if it's the Christian label your identifying with, put the Bible on top.

Non-LDS interpretation of these artififacts:

LDS: Too many would not know what it is.

CRT: Ditto

Moroni: Ooooo...angels...I love angels...I believe my guardian angel protects me...

Capt Moroni: Comic or action hero?

Iron rod tie tack: You grandpa worked for the railroads?

BoM: ***This would identify you as a Mormon all right***

Temple tie clasps: Cool...I go to Calvary Temple myself...what denomination is your church?

So, I think carrying scriptures is your best bet. And, if it's the Christian label your identifying with, put the Bible on top.

A lot of people know what LDS stands for. Same with CTR. In fact I wonder why other religions don't use it. It stands for Choose the right. (The right hand of God.) I'll give you Capt. Moroni. Not too many people know who Moroni was before he became an Angel. I thought other religions taught about the Iron Rod. But looking at one of our hymns I realize I was wrong, because it mentions Nephi, not a lot of people know who Nephi was. Here's a few of the words to the hymn. See if you don't think it would fit into other religions

"Hold to the Rod the Iron Rod is strong and bright and true. The Iron Rod is the word of God Twill safely guide us through." Temple tie clasps. Many, many people know what the Mormon Temples are. The last line "put the Bible on top" There really isn't that many people now days that don't know Mormons are Christian. Do you believe we are Christians?

Don't know why I'm defending this to you It is a MORMON joke, and this is, after all, a MORMON Site. :) I'm going to be in big trouble if I have to depend on carrying the scriptures to show that I am a Christian. The books are getting too heavy, and I'm going to have to start carrying Electronic Scriptures.:lol: Brother Ray

Edited by circusboy01

I'm going to be in big trouble if I have to depend on carrying the scriptures to show that I am a Christian. The books are getting too heavy, and I'm going to have to start carrying Electronic Scriptures.:lol: Brother Ray

Yep. It is much easier to just stamp a cross on your lapel or have a fish on your bumper. It's more popular than temples or ctr rings or what-have-you. Even in predominantly non-Christian countries.

I thought you said it wasn't really a joke?

Yep. It is much easier to just stamp a cross on your lapel or have a fish on your bumper. It's more popular than temples or ctr rings or what-have-you. Even in predominantly non-Christian countries.

I thought you said it wasn't really a joke?

I meant it didn't really have a punchline.

For whatever reason, whenever my wife and I stop to help some poor soul stuck on the side of the road, they've always just asked "are you guys mormon?" It's happened all of the last 3-4 times we've stopped - 2 of those times were not in Utah. I don't know why. I'm certain that there are more people than just LDS folks who will stop if you're stuck on the side of the road...

For whatever reason, whenever my wife and I stop to help some poor soul stuck on the side of the road, they've always just asked "are you guys mormon?" It's happened all of the last 3-4 times we've stopped - 2 of those times were not in Utah. I don't know why. I'm certain that there are more people than just LDS folks who will stop if you're stuck on the side of the road...

huh. hmm maybe it was the honk if you love moroni bumper sticker on the back window?

It could have been the "I'm a MORMON" placard on the side of your SUV. By the way, which bus did you "borrow" that from anyway? :P

• 2 months later...