Speaking of ice cream and SLC. . .

weren't we? ;)

I remember reading on some message board somewhere a long time ago about an awesome restaurant in SLC with awesome ice cream. My brood and I will be in Zion in a couple of weeks and we're all somewhat fanatical about our ice cream. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I want to say it started with an "f", but my memory cannot be trusted.

What town? We're coming from Boise so chances are, we'd be passing through.

Idaho Falls. You might not be coming this way. But I think it's worth the trip. They have the cows and everything t=on the property. And they also make amazing grilled cheese with homemade butter and cheese. and even the bread is homemade. But that's all the real food they have. It's mostly ice cream and shakes and stuff. It is AMAZING!

That sounds yummy, Jennarator! With 2 toddlers I'm not going an inch out of our way, but we do make it to IF/Rexburg now and then to visit my sister from another mister. I'll check it out next time I'm there! Thanks!

weren't we? ;)

I remember reading on some message board somewhere a long time ago about an awesome restaurant in SLC with awesome ice cream. My brood and I will be in Zion in a couple of weeks and we're all somewhat fanatical about our ice cream. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I want to say it started with an "f", but my memory cannot be trusted.

Hey! We Utahn's are not giving you our secrets! You can bend my finger and threaten my dog, but you can't break me!

Leatherby's used to have a location in Sacramento. It was inspired by a bay-area ice cream parlor called "Fenton's" that is, bar none, the happiest place on earth. Fenton's gets a nod in Pixar's "Up". Maybe that's where Eowyn git the "F" connection?

Here in California there is Ferrells. I haven't been a Utahn for over a decade, but the place to go for ice cream when I was in high school was Iceburg, hands down. It's the size of a photo booth, but they have the best shakes on the planet. But you have to go to the original on 3900 South 900 East in Salt Lake.

Here in California there is Ferrells. I haven't been a Utahn for over a decade, but the place to go for ice cream when I was in high school was Iceburg, hands down. It's the size of a photo booth, but they have the best shakes on the planet. But you have to go to the original on 3900 South 900 East in Salt Lake.

There are still Farrell's in California? I thought they had all gone out of business. That used to be the hangout when I was a teenager.

And yep...39th S. and 9th east is the Iceberg to go to.