Speaking of ice cream and SLC. . .

Yep, there are still a few left. One relatively close to me. I have been there once. We waited in line for an hour to get a seat.

Ordering the "zoo" was always fun. Oh and singing around the player piano.

It was fun to watch two people have to carry it and they would run around with the horns blowing and sirens. Oh those were the days.

Or ordering the "pig trough" so you could be announced as being a pig. hahaha

Hope you have a big appetite.

Posted Image

That reminds me of when my husband and I were dating. There was a great ice cream store at Trolley Square. They had a "kitchen sink" on the menu. It actually came in a kitchen sink and had a scoop of every flavor on the menu. We ordered it once! Once was enough! LOL

It looked something similar to this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the pig trough at Farrell's. It basically was two large banana splits. If you finished it by yourself you were announced being a pig with oinks from all of the employees.

We used to always go to Ferrell's in San Diego after youth dances! I miss that!

That was the hangout for our after band/drill team competitions and half time shows.

I wouldn't pay good money to have a bunch of people oink at me.

No kidding!! After all, why pay for it when you have siblings that will do it for free, like I did? The best places in Wyoming for ice cream treats were Yellowstone Drug in Shoshoni for shakes and malts, and then Farson for ice cream cones.

Yellowstone Drug is now closed and gone, and the current owners of the Farson store either have no clue about ice cream, or they don't care. When I was a kid if you ordered a medium cone of your choice, it came with three scoops on top. Order a large and it was five scoops, covered with a paper bowl, turned upside down and served with a spoon. The ice cream used to be great, but now it's horrible even if you avoid getting the freezer-burned portions.

weren't we? ;)

I remember reading on some message board somewhere a long time ago about an awesome restaurant in SLC with awesome ice cream. My brood and I will be in Zion in a couple of weeks and we're all somewhat fanatical about our ice cream. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I want to say it started with an "f", but my memory cannot be trusted.

There is a place called "The Train" or something like that in Midway (South of Park City). The food is not special at all but it is a favorite hang out of President Uchtdorf.

The Traveler