The best video game I have ever played.

Vort

Portal/Portal II held top billing on my list for most of a decade, until I discovered Shelter and Shelter 2.   I seriously doubt there exists a human heart, so made of stone, that it will not weep at some point.  It has been years since I've played, and I'm tearing up just remembering.  You play this game, you'll want to go break out The Proclamation on the Family again and read it with everyone you love.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/275100/Shelter_2/

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter and I literally just got done doing a co-op session on Portal 2.  Both Portal 1 and 2 are fun, but with 2 you can download a seemingly endless supply of levels, or create your own (I'm too busy to make them, though).

EDIT:  Just realized this thread was resurrected, but still a great game.

Edited by person0

On 5/17/2021 at 6:04 PM, mirkwood said:

Baldur-s-Gate-box.jpg

We have a bunch of TVs and game systems which the Grandchildren (and children) have played in the past.  We have had one of our children and their family with us during the recent pandemic.  The grandchildren probably have enjoyed it as they have had these gaming systems to themselves. 

This past week those grandchildren begged me to buy some games that were released on the Consoles.  Their parent (my child) offered to pay for it this time around...how could I refuse.  They have been enjoying a game called Subnautica which is some sort of game where you crash into the ocean and build things.  They had the sequel released this week which the grandchildren really wanted.  Their parent, though, wanted this game or something similar to it.  It was just released on the Playstation and Xbox and they wanted to play it. 

So, last Monday they got Baldurs Gate on one of the Playstation 4s we have for the family.  The grandkids started playing it instead (who says kids aren't influenced by their parents, the grandkids had wanted to play the Subnautica sequel for months, but instead played Baldurs Gate because their parent really was excited for it).  It seemed it is a multiplayer action RPG of some sort that was released many years ago on older playstations, but was released recently in a form that plays on consoles today. 

Very violent game, but no blood from the brief time I saw them playing it.  My kid and their spouse seemed REALLY excited about this game though.  It didn't really have the same picture (as you posted above) on it's digital cover (the game was a digital download), but I think it was what looks like a lady warrior under the title or something like that.  I do know it had the words Baldurs Gate in it though.

1 hour ago, JohnsonJones said:

We have a bunch of TVs and game systems which the Grandchildren (and children) have played in the past.  We have had one of our children and their family with us during the recent pandemic.  The grandchildren probably have enjoyed it as they have had these gaming systems to themselves. 

This past week those grandchildren begged me to buy some games that were released on the Consoles.  Their parent (my child) offered to pay for it this time around...how could I refuse.  They have been enjoying a game called Subnautica which is some sort of game where you crash into the ocean and build things.  They had the sequel released this week which the grandchildren really wanted.  Their parent, though, wanted this game or something similar to it.  It was just released on the Playstation and Xbox and they wanted to play it. 

So, last Monday they got Baldurs Gate on one of the Playstation 4s we have for the family.  The grandkids started playing it instead (who says kids aren't influenced by their parents, the grandkids had wanted to play the Subnautica sequel for months, but instead played Baldurs Gate because their parent really was excited for it).  It seemed it is a multiplayer action RPG of some sort that was released many years ago on older playstations, but was released recently in a form that plays on consoles today. 

Very violent game, but no blood from the brief time I saw them playing it.  My kid and their spouse seemed REALLY excited about this game though.  It didn't really have the same picture (as you posted above) on it's digital cover (the game was a digital download), but I think it was what looks like a lady warrior under the title or something like that.  I do know it had the words Baldurs Gate in it though.

Not meaning to parent for you or their parents, but if the content of the game is an important factor, the new Baldurs gate game has a fair bit of swearing and there are characters you can romance and have sex with. Breasts visible.

granted, there are a few Baldurs gates games, I’m am only referring to the newest one. I’m not sure which ones have all been released on PlayStation 4 as I don’t have it.

I use common sense media and IMDb to screen games before I buy them

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt10101078/parentalguide

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/baldurs-gate-3

Edited by Fether

4 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

Digital version of Dungeons and Dragons.

2 hours ago, Fether said:

Not meaning to parent for you or their parents, but if the content of the game is an important factor, the new Baldurs gate game has a fair bit of swearing and there are characters you can romance and have sex with. Breasts visible.

Your link is for Baldur's Gate 3.  Different game.

34 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

Your link is for Baldur's Gate 3.  Different game.

I figured as much. They are using a ps4, which is a newer console, though I didn’t know if the ps4 could play those older games