To The Rescue

Over43

Ia m half way through To The Rescue, the Biography of President Monson. I "grew up" with President Monson, and heard people talk of him, etc. But, the biography really expands on things I knew nothing or very little about. Wonderful stuff. The two or three chapters on the situation in East Germany in the 60's, 70's and 80's was worth the price of the book alone.

Some years ago I spent a lot of time reading church biographies, I think this has got me on that road again.

O43

I definitely agree about the East Germany chapters. I read the book a while ago, so I don't remember many of the details, only that I enjoyed it. It sounded like (if I remember correctly) most of his family, growing up, was less active, and some might have been nonmembers; fortunately, they also sounded like good, genuine people, much to his (and our) benefit.

My favorite thing about him is that he has his head on straight. In other words, he knows what the most important things are in life, and we could definitely use an example from someone like that. How many of the worlds problems could be solved if more people had the same priorities!

• 11 months later...

I am currently deployed and this is one of the books that I have brought with me to read. I have been so busy that I have only read the introduction of it. I also have to admit that I am also currently reading another book as well, Doctrinal Details of the Plan of Salvation from Premortality to Exaltation by David J. Ridges. And I’m also reading Miracle of Forgiveness. But with my work schedule I don’t have much time for reading.