Boise, Idaho Temple Open House and Rededication

Our good friend is a landscaper at the Boise, Idaho Temple and got this information at work today, with permission to share it:

Open House will be Oct. 13-Nov 10, and the dedication date is Nov 18.

Already?? I thought it was going to be much longer.

Me, too, but if you drive by they've already finished quite a lot, and they're re-facing the outside. If they're working on landscaping, and our friend started on Monday, they must be getting closer.

They are refacing it in white instead of shades of gray granite. I'm pretty sad about that, because there won't be much left of the temple I got married in. :(

I can't wait to be able to walk through the new Boise temple and even the Meridian when it is done.

I am looking at where in Idaho to live when I am ready to find my own place. I rent right now so it is just a place to have my stuff and be at for now.

the very strangest thing for me is I have finally figured out that I must live fairly close to a temple so since Idaho is going to be home with the time left in this life I have only 5 to choose from.

You need to understand for a long time in my life almost 25 years almost having a temple recommend meant little to me and now it is something that I am scared to loose. Funny how our views on what is important change over time and most of all in what direction they take us.

I drive by the Boise temple at least a few times a week and it is so strange to be so close and yet unable to walk into that structure right now. I can hardly wait for it to be an active temple again so I can go in and partake of the safety, comfort and peace it gives one.

I wonder if they'll start with Meridian soon after Boise is rededicated. Or at least next Spring, since that will be in the dead of winter. :) The Meridian temple is about a mile from where I grew up and where my parents still live, and I think we'll be in that district, though the distance to that one and to the Boise temple is about the same. Anyway. . . it will be exciting. I miss having the temple close. It's hard to get to Twin Falls with 2 toddlers and 3 others.

Tickets for the Brigham City Temple open house are available the end of this month. Whoohooo!

Eowyn, I understand. It is harder to go since they started on the Ogden temple. We have to drive to Bountiful or Logan. Brigham City will be closer.

We are so spoiled. I was complaining a couple of weeks ago about how hard it is to get down to Bountiful and pay a babysitter for 5 hours. I spiritually got slapped when I remembered there are Saints who have to travel for days and save money for years to attend a temple.

Edited by applepansy

I have never been to a temple open house before. My wife has has been to 3 of them, Anchorage, AK (2 times) and the Las Vegas, NV open house. I have an aunt that lives near Phoenix and when the temple is completed down there she invited my wife and I to visit and attend the Phoenix, AZ open house. I cannot wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a thought here if you are in the Boise area and want to go to the open house for the temple pm me and lets see if we can get you in. I am sure I can get tickets so you can go.

I am planning on taking my challenged son with me and have got things in going for him to get his own endowments later this year so we can attend the temple together.

Yea it is a really bid deal to be able to attend the temple

• 2 months later...

My parents were just called to be temple workers in the Boise Temple. When we were kids it was a special road trip to Idaho Falls to do Baptisms for the dead. I know that when we were home this summer the rumor was November. Twin was 90 min, Boise was an hour, no big deal either way, beats a 4 hour drive!

• 2 months later...