LDS Temple on Minecraft

unixknight

My gaming club is about 50% LDS and we have our own Minecraft server. We've been cooking up a little project. It's about 50% complete...

East view:

http://www.ldsknights.org/image/image_gallery?uuid=2073d5cc-554d-4205-a305-cf3093d117c0&groupId=10136&t=1342822091969

Lots of work left to be done...

http://www.ldsknights.org/image/image_gallery?uuid=2ca102ec-cfe7-41cb-ab64-2897ccf3f09e&groupId=10136&t=1342822091990

Any other Minecraft builders out there?

I play Minecraft on the Muttsworld servers - mostly Survival and PVP. I never cared much for the "Creative" side of the game beyond making your own home.

It seems like you did a really good job - so far. I kinda think it is odd that you chose a temple to build, but I mean it looks nice.

Thanks for the warm fuzzies :)

Actually I forgot to mention that, as it's only a model and not to serve a normal Temple purpose in the Minecraft "world" the interior will not be modeled after the real thing. I plan to either leave it open and hollow, to be viewed from the outside only, or put something inside like Scripture verses or something worth looking at. Haven't decided which yet.

I like it!

I like building in Minecraft. I've always played on a survival server but have played in creative mode at times.

Do you often do cooperative builds?

My son and I mainly are the ones who work together on our server... building infrastructure and facilities for all members of the server. This Temple is really the first project where I've invited our gaming club at large to jump in and participate.

It's only just been imported into our server from my private solo server, so nobody's done anything with it yet, but I'm hoping once they do, the project will be finished fast.

I just started playing, and I've only ever played with my brother (who prefers to spend his time building TNT traps for me...the little twerp). Any suggestions on how to go about finding a good server to play on without people getting really annoyed with a beginner such as myself?

My son and I mainly are the ones who work together on our server... building infrastructure and facilities for all members of the server. This Temple is really the first project where I've invited our gaming club at large to jump in and participate.

It's only just been imported into our server from my private solo server, so nobody's done anything with it yet, but I'm hoping once they do, the project will be finished fast.

I don't know if your club allows people you barely know to join, but if it does, can I join?

I just started playing, and I've only ever played with my brother (who prefers to spend his time building TNT traps for me...the little twerp). Any suggestions on how to go about finding a good server to play on without people getting really annoyed with a beginner such as myself?

I don't know if your club allows people you barely know to join, but if it does, can I join?

Our server is a small, friendly community, mostly LDS, so it's family friendly. Normally we only have people on who we know in person, but exceptions have been made. I can just quickly check with some of the other players to make sure they're cool with bringing in new players, then let you know. The only caveat is that our server hardware is a bit aged so sometimes things lag when a bunch of people are on at once. However, hardware upgrades are in the pipeline so it won't be an issue much longer.

That is so awesome! Can I Pin it?

I have no idea what pinning is, but as long as it doesn't mean "Hack your server and delete the project" then sure, go ahead!

Our server is a small, friendly community, mostly LDS, so it's family friendly. Normally we only have people on who we know in person, but exceptions have been made. I can just quickly check with some of the other players to make sure they're cool with bringing in new players, then let you know. The only caveat is that our server hardware is a bit aged so sometimes things lag when a bunch of people are on at once. However, hardware upgrades are in the pipeline so it won't be an issue much longer.

You're an exceptionally kind bloke.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have 4 kids who at one time all enjoyed playing mc. At the tme I didnt it was much of a game watching them from a distance. Then one night my oldest son or FHE wanted to have a multi player game with the family- I cant remember where dad was so they taught mum how to play lol. I do enjoy the game and sometimes play with my daughters. I prefer survival mode as to creative. I do like to build and with the new quatz blocks and other new blocks and flowers coming out in the 1.7 update should enhance the beauty. of building temples and its grounds. Like any game mc can be addictive and time consumming especially f you have a project your working on.

• 2 years later...
On 7/20/2012 at 4:13 PM, unixknight said:

My gaming club is about 50% LDS and we have our own Minecraft server. We've been cooking up a little project. It's about 50% complete...

East view:

http://www.ldsknights.org/image/image_gallery?uuid=2073d5cc-554d-4205-a305-cf3093d117c0&groupId=10136&t=1342822091969

http://www.ldsknights.org/image/image_gallery?uuid=2ca102ec-cfe7-41cb-ab64-2897ccf3f09e&groupId=10136&t=1342822091990

mine minecraft name is steak_and_cheese and i am lds

18 hours ago, bsh0629 said:

mine minecraft name is steak_and_cheese and i am lds

You are responding to a post that is almost four years old. UnixKnight's links no longer even work. I'm guessing that whatever his project was, it's long completed or abandoned.

On 7/20/2012 at 4:13 PM, unixknight said:

East view:

as of now (Mar 29, 2016) the links are pulling up errors for me.

But that is pretty sweet to hear. i've seen some impressive minecraft things done on youtube (Both lds, and non lds related projects).

this is an evolutionary project that me and my bros have done over the course of a year or more. done in 90% survival hard... (One of my bros succumbed to the dark side and decided to enable host options and gave himself superpowers). The red bridge is a pipe from our quarry to our central processing and storage area.

10845699_367075846819545_1498223896572764063_o.jpg

Edited by Blackmarch