Wanna meet a girl, but she's going on her mission?

I'm not a "member", but I've been attending YSA lately. I've met some really awesome people. And I'm really grateful for all of them. That said, I have not gone on a date with any of the girls.

Why? Well there are a few reasons here and there but the main one is that I haven't seen anyone I really like. Except for this one girl... Not sure if she's my soul mate or anything but I'd like to hang out at least. My mother actually knew her as a child when we'd go to activities, they were best friends but it's been years since they talked.

The thing is, this girl is REALLY committed to the church, which I have very high regards for. Although, that means she's planning on going on a mission. She's only 18 or 19 but she's pretty set to go on one. When I'm around her she always seems like, well idk how to explain it but she "firms up" emotionally? Mentally? She doesn't speak, and doesn't make eye contact with me, and being in my position I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to talk to her because she'll be leaving soon?

What do you think? She I just talk to her and see what she says even if she's uncomfortable? Or should I just let it go?

First, girls can't go on a mission until age 21.

I can only respond based on what you've posted. If she's determined to go on a mission in 2-3 years then she might not be interested in dating and she might not be interested in "hanging out" with anyone who she thinks she might like to date. Girls are counseled to prepare for marriage, then if they turn 21 and still want to go on a mission they can apply.

If she's as strong in her faith as you indicate she's going to be looking for a husband who she can be sealed to in the temple.

First, girls can't go on a mission until age 21.

I can only respond based on what you've posted. If she's determined to go on a mission in 2-3 years then she might not be interested in dating and she might not be interested in "hanging out" with anyone who she thinks she might like to date. Girls are counseled to prepare for marriage, then if they turn 21 and still want to go on a mission they can apply.

If she's as strong in her faith as you indicate she's going to be looking for a husband who she can be sealed to in the temple.

Thanks for the feedback, I see what you mean :)

By the way, as soon as I'm engaged I'm going to convert. There's no way in heck I'm not getting sealed to my eternal wife and family.

My parents aren't super open about me doing my own thing until I'm out of the house. And I don't plan on doing that until I get married. But I'm loving learning about the church and going to all the activities and classes.

So you are going to live at home until you get married?

Why would you do that?

Was there a "not quite a member but will get there soon" option? If there is I'll switch it...

Let's see what you've said in the past, Seth:

So I'm inactive, and being 18 I've been making some plans for college, getting married, money/job, where to go, etc. But it hit me the other day at the Manti Pageant when a friend told me that it didn't matter if I was inactive, that I should still pray about it. The weird thing is, I never even considered going on a mission.

Though one day I was hanging out with our priest quorum talking to my leader as usual and he brought up the fact that homecoming was coming up soon. I whined and complained and told him it would waste my time but he told me that he knew a girl that wanted to go, and that he would pay for everything. So, knowing I was going to be bored that weekend anyway, I decided to go and had a good time. The girl was nice, and we had fun.

Coming from an LDS point of view I find this outrageous and insulting to women and humanity in general. How could they? Or are they right? Please let me know what you think...

So, which is it? You state in these posts that you are a member; now you are saying you aren't. I think a simple, "I'm not LDS or Mormon" would be a good option.

You state you're 18. I'll assume you've graduated from high school. 1. Go to college. 2. move out of your parents home and support yourself. Prepare to be married by doing the thing adults do, such as, support themselves.

Then, you're not living under your parents roof and doing something they can't support. (I would give this advice to any 18yo who wants to get married LDS or not). Its called growing up.