For how long?

Because I've met a guy, claiming to be mormon. ( I found my faith before I met him) And he is pushing me, he wants to take the next step. And I really like him but, I don't want to do it. So, I just wanted to know cos, I don't feel like it should be the right thing to do.

Now that I have revealed my naughty past to you, I will say that we were able to get things together and have since been sealed in the temple.

The guy may be Mormon as in he has been baptized and has name on some membership roll. I will even say there are probably a lot of Mormon boys (and girls) who might really want sex before marriage on the natural man end of the spectrum. I'm not saying all Mormons are unalterably programmed to not desire sex before marriage.

However, a Mormon boy who respects his covenants if he has made them or his knowledge of the Law of Chastity or, heck, any boy who respects your views, would not be pressuring you quite this much.

And one more thing... please do not give in and justify it "because that Nadia old woman online did it and everything wound up okay eventually". What my now-husband and eternal companion did was a sin. We may have repented and made our lives work, but it was still a sin and believe me, it's probably better to avoid it in the first place.

Dated 6 months, about 2 and a half of that being an "official couple", engaged four months, no sex. We were physical to an extent, but nothing worrisome (I just don't believe in the no kissing before marriage as long as things stay decent).

My husband had been married before, and that marriage had a lot of sexual issues, so he did exhibit a lot of paranoia when it came to sexual matters. Has this guy been in a situation like that? My husband back then wasn't "let's have sex now so you can prove you don't have sex issues" so it was quite different. We did a bit of counseling and talking so that helped a lot.

Edited by Backroads

Then don't anwser in fact why even take the time to post on the thread?

Well, pam's question is rather legitimate. I think I can understand why the OP is curious about other's experiences (wants to know what's "normal") and I personally don't mind answering and I also find it awesome that Nadia answered with a less-than-ideal experience.

Still, one's sex life and sex history is usually thought of as one's personal business and pam, being a moderator, probably just wants to keep this thread within rules and guidelines.

Oh, and one more thing for the OP. I have a co-worker who has suddenly found herself planning her young cousin's wedding because they now have to do a big fancy civil ceremony and her young cousin is understandably upset at no longer being able to get married in the temple at this time. Now I do believe the sealing is what's important no matter where the "marriage" takes place, but if you want the marriage to happen in the temple, set your standards.

Edited by Backroads