How do I get off of caffeine?

Rapidmc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If caffeine is not against the WoW where did the idea of no caffeine come from? Or, why do so many mormons abstain from caffinated drinks?

It stems from the idea that Coffee and Tea (the "hot drinks" mentioned in the Word of Wisdom). People argue that Caffeine is the reason those drinks are on the "do not consume" side, but specific reason as to why they are on the list, to my knowledge, has never been given. Just that we aren't supposed to consume them. The Church has no official position on caffeine consumption but because of the studies showing its negative/addicting effects (as it is a metabolic stiumlant) many argue that it is against the word of wisdom.

I have been completely off of caffeine for a week and two days. Having gone cold turkey I only had headaches for about four days and some irratability in the first week. There was some slight tiredness and I have been falling asleep about an hour earlier than normal too. No problem, I like to sleep more! Substituting a glass of orange juice for coffee and that gave me the energy I needed to get my day started. After drinking coffee every morning for years and drinking as much caffeine as I wanted I am suprised how easy it was. Thank you to everyone who posted advice!

Edited by Rapidmc
want to add another sentence