YSA + Dating?

I was just wondering... I went to PQ and they always wanted us to ask out girls and were really hyped about that. But since I've joined YSA nobody has really gone on a date except for one of my friends but that was a secret that even I wasn't supposed to know about.

Is this even allowed? Because I know at this stage they want people to be seriously looking to get married, or seriously looking into it. So I guess it would make sense if they didn't really want them to be doing that since they have a bunch of work they need to be focusing on.

I just was curious... Because if I happen to see someone I'd like to get to know better I want to know if it's against the rules to ask her out or something. Kinda dumb though...

When are you gonna answer the simple question of whether you are a member or not, Seth?

Was there a "not quite a member but will get there soon" option? If there is I'll switch it...

So I'm inactive, and being 18 I've been making some plans for college, getting married, money/job, where to go, etc. But it hit me the other day at the Manti Pageant when a friend told me that it didn't matter if I was inactive, that I should still pray about it. The weird thing is, I never even considered going on a mission.

Though one day I was hanging out with our priest quorum talking to my leader as usual and he brought up the fact that homecoming was coming up soon. I whined and complained and told him it would waste my time but he told me that he knew a girl that wanted to go, and that he would pay for everything. So, knowing I was going to be bored that weekend anyway, I decided to go and had a good time. The girl was nice, and we had fun.

Coming from an LDS point of view I find this outrageous and insulting to women and humanity in general. How could they? Or are they right? Please let me know what you think...

When are you gonna answer the simple question of whether you are a member or not, Seth?

I did, several times........ I'm not really a member right now, but I plan on joining as soon as I become engaged. If that's just too complicated for you guys to understand I can stop participating here...

It's complicated when you actually say you are a member. You've said several times that you are an inactive member. That is not the same as someone investigating the church.

So, those quotes of yours when you said you are inactive member, means you have been lying?

It's complicated when you actually say you are a member. You've said several times that you are an inactive member. That is not the same as someone investigating the church.

So, those quotes of yours when you said you are inactive member, means you have been lying?

...Did I not just say I was technically an "inactive" member? What difference does it make in the context anyway? Who cares if I haven't been baptized, I'm asking about other things that concern all participants. And I'm as "active" in our activities and services, if not more, than any other "member" there.

It makes a difference for several reasons. Two main ones come to mind. One, it matters on the answers to questions if you are a member or non-member. Two, it puts serious doubt on your credibility.

When you aren't being truthful about who you are, then it puts doubt on why you are here.

It makes a difference for several reasons. Two main ones come to mind. One, it matters on the answers to questions if you are a member or non-member. Two, it puts serious doubt on your credibility.

When you aren't being truthful about who you are, then it puts doubt on why you are here.

I've stated my position multiple times. So you're basically getting upset about that stupid setting that lists my religion, just because they don't have something for my particular position. So I take it that that's just too much to handle for the people here. Thanks anyway...

I've stated my position multiple times. So you're basically getting upset about that stupid setting that lists my religion, just because they don't have something for my particular position. So I take it that that's just too much to handle for the people here. Thanks anyway...

Nope, it isn't that "stupid setting"--you actually posted that you were an inactive member. It's perfectly understandable that you didn't change the setting from the default. But, then by your own words (the ones you physically typed out), you said you were a member and then not a member.