Mission Locations and Medications

rockin_robin_hood

I want to serve a mission and want to know if certain places are out of the question due to my medical needs.

I'm not medicated for lymphoma or anything similar to that, but I need to have access to proper doctors so that I can continue to get my proper medication.

I've been looking for a while to see if I could find anything out, but couldn't find anything.

Is there anyone out there who knows anything about this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I do know that many times they will keep you inside your own country that has access to medical treatment rather than send you to another country.

A friend of my daughter's is a Type I diabetic who has gone into several insulin shocks. He couldn't serve out of the US because of this. But at least he did get to serve.

Yes if you have a medical condition that can limit your areas of service.

When you are ready to fill out your mission papers, there will be a medical section were you can and should disclose your medical status and needs.

That disclosure will be taken in to account when they ponder your call to serve.