Chick-fil-a

NeuroTypical

I'm glad I started this thread. As I said before, my boss occasionally hands out Starbucks gift cards. In the past, I had resigned myself to believing I was now being forced to pay three or four bucks for a fifty-cent pastry of some kind, and still had to worry about sin because the wrapper might smell like coffee.

I am experiencing a Gallileo moment here.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really boycott companies, but I am aware that in our society (thankfully) we have the freedom to vote with our pocketbooks.

Differing opinions, stances, outlooks don't bother me so much when it comes to companies or bands (music) as they do when it comes to actors. I'm not sure why. I have a hard time watching (supporting) movies with actors\actresses that because they have found success in Hollywood feel the need to voice their stupidity. ie Megan Fox, Sean Penn, Rosanne Bar, Janeane Garofalo, Joy Behar etc..

I plan to rock some Chik-fila this week with my kids. I don't support a ban purporting thought police.

A friend in Texas just posted to Facebook:

The line just to get into Chick-Fil-A is INSANE!! The drive through line goes completely around the building and down the street.

Same thing here in my neck of the woods in Florida. But everybody seems content to wait the line out in the summer heat. A lot of them are even out of their cars chatting with the other people in line. And a Chik-Fil-A employee is out in the long line taking orders and offering soft-serve ice-cream.

Very very interesting.

Some people are planning to do it again on Friday when, supposedly, the LGBT community is holding a kiss-in-Chik-Fil-A protest. I kinda wondered about that - if they're going to hold a protest, wouldn't they want to avoid Chik-Fil-A instead of going there?

Same thing here in my neck of the woods in Florida. But everybody seems content to wait the line out in the summer heat. A lot of them are even out of their cars chatting with the other people in line. And a Chik-Fil-A employee is out in the long line taking orders and offering soft-serve ice-cream.

Very very interesting.

Some people are planning to do it again on Friday when, supposedly, the LGBT community is holding a kiss-in-Chik-Fil-A protest. I kinda wondered about that - if they're going to hold a protest, wouldn't they want to avoid Chik-Fil-A instead of going there?

Actually I think it's a way to basically thumb noses at the organization.

You do know the owner dislikes LDS and Catholics too? In fact he contributes to antimormon groups.

Any references for that? I've done a lot of reading in the last few days on the owner and I've found nothing that would indicate that.

It honestly wouldn't matter to me if he hated Mormons. The fact still remains he's not afraid to stand up for his own principles and voice them. He stands for many of the same things we, as LDS, do.

Its funny you should mention that. I read it yesterday but today google is hiding it. lol. I really did read it. Honestly. Was lookng for the link earlier.

It is not illogical though. He is Baptist and a lot are not that fond of either of us.

Another thing I was reading that was pretty funny is a lot of bloggers, etc have him confused with us. They think we run the place, in other words some, even many, believe he is LDS.

It honestly wouldn't matter to me if he hated Mormons. The fact still remains he's not afraid to stand up for his own principles and voice them. He stands for many of the same things we, as LDS, do.

I dont disagree with him being able to stand up for his beliefs, but I am going to step back from actually supporting him in his beliefs.

You do know the owner dislikes LDS and Catholics too? In fact he contributes to antimormon groups.

Wouldn't surprise me, it's no secret that most conservative evangelical christian types are anti-LDS.

I think this whole Chick-fil-a thing is ridiculous. Was anyone really surprised that they contribute to traditional marriage/against gay marriage? I think both sides of the equation are over reacting. If you care what the owners/management of Chick-fil-a do with their money and you base your purchasing decisions solely on that, then you should check out every other business you spend your money at. Think of all the products and services you buy and the businesses you go to, do you know if their personal philosophies are aligned with yours? And are you prepared to change your buying habits based on that?

(annewandering, these questions are not directed at you specifically, just asking generally.)

Wouldn't surprise me, it's no secret that most conservative evangelical christian types are anti-LDS.

I think this whole Chick-fil-a thing is ridiculous. Was anyone really surprised that they contribute to traditional marriage/against gay marriage? I think both sides of the equation are over reacting. If you care what the owners/management of Chick-fil-a do with their money and you base your purchasing decisions solely on that, then you should check out every other business you spend your money at. Think of all the products and services you buy and the businesses you go to, do you know if their personal philosophies are aligned with yours? And are you prepared to change your buying habits based on that?

(annewandering, these questions are not directed at you specifically, just asking generally.)

I have thought the same thing. Nevertheless, when you see a company push ideas you really dislike it makes sense to put them on your do not shop list. For instance I would rather die than buy an Koch brother products, like:

- Angel Soft

- Angel Soft Ultra

- Brawny paper towels

- Dixie cups (& napkins & plates)

- Insulair cups

- Perfect Touch cups, paper products

- Quilted Northern

- Sparkle paper towels

- Stainmaster

- Vanity Fair napkins & paper towels

- Mardis Gras napkins

- Zee Napkins

- Georgia Pacific products

Home/Office papers:

- Advantage

- Image Plus

- Spectrum

Other:

- Stainmaster

- Lycra

- Teflon

Building supplies:

- Georgia Pacific

- Holiday Companies

- Gander Mountain

:) lol nice chance to post that. ty. ^^

Anne, you'll need to qualify the word "dislike". Dan Cathy is an Evangelical Christian in the Southern Baptist persuasion. Southern Baptists among several other evangelical churches preach in their pulpits that the Mormon church is a cult and the Catholic church is the "evil church". Nothing new there. Do you have a source where he contributes to antimormon groups?

I'm not pro-Dan-Cathy by any means. I admire him for holding true to what he believes in. Chik-Fil-A is the favorite place-to-work for our YM/YW because they are closed on Sundays.

Anne, you'll need to qualify the word "dislike". Dan Cathy is an Evangelical Christian in the Southern Baptist persuasion. Southern Baptists among several other evangelical churches preach in their pulpits that the Mormon church is a cult and the Catholic church is the "evil church". Nothing new there. Do you have a source where he contributes to antimormon groups?

I'm not pro-Dan-Cathy by any means. I admire him for holding true to what he believes in. Chik-Fil-A is the favorite place-to-work for our YM/YW because they are closed on Sundays.

I have been having google problems lately. It is not pulling anything up today. I guess you are just going to have to either believe me or consider me deranged. :) Totally up to you which you chose. ^^

I have been having google problems lately. It is not pulling anything up today. I guess you are just going to have to either believe me or consider me deranged. :) Totally up to you which you chose. ^^

I googled and googled and could not find anything. Not even an anti-mormon quote or anti-catholic quote. I don't go past 8-pages deep on the results set though...

I googled and googled and could not find anything. Not even an anti-mormon quote or anti-catholic quote. I don't go past 8-pages deep on the results set though...

I know. Its very odd. It has been happening to me a lot lately. I am beginning to think that google censors a lot of what it links. Have no idea why that one was but it is annoying.

edited to comment: Actually I do have an idea why. It detracts from the antigay message. If the owner is anti other things then it lessens the impact of the anti gay push. Google holds a lot of power if they wield it. I had hoped they wouldnt but am beginning to think they are crossing over the line now.

Edited by annewandering