Prompting to go to the temple

example_otb

I'm 19 and recently i've been feeling like i should be considering going to the temple. I'm not the best at knowing for sure when something is a prompting, but sometimes i just know. I get this feeling in my stomach and i can't shake it.

Anyway, i'm just wondering if anyone knows if it's common for people my age to feel this way? I'm not wanting to go because a friend is getting married or because i'm curious. I really was never considering it until just recently.

I'm really just wondering if it's possible? If it is something i should talk to my bishop about? Or just something i should just leave and wait and see what happens?

Help?

I would agree with applepansy and skalenfehl, it appears you should follow this impression and speak with your Bishop.

After discussing with your Bishop, and if he esteems you are ready and worthy, then I believe you will speak with your stake president who will also determine whether or not he thinks you are ready for the covenant.

I understand this has been discouraged, when people are young, because you may or may not be ready for the covenant you will make. Which is why as AirForce shared typically you have to go on a mission, or wait until you are older. Exceptions are made at times.

However, that will be determined by you, the Bishop, and Stake President.

Best advice from my stake president when I was your age: If you feel what you think is a prompting, write it down and act on it. As you do, you'll be able to discern if it is a prompting or whether you are talking to yourself. A few years later, I asked Richard G. Scott about how to discern spiritual promptings and he told me the exact same thing.

Important Caveat: A prompting of the spirit will never encourage you do break a commandment or covenant you have made.

So as far as a prompting to go to the Temple, do it. If you haven't taken out your endowments, talk to your bishop about getting a limited use recommend so you can do some baptisms or something.

Edited by captmoroniRM