Stupidest thing said on a first date?

may be off topic but my pick up line I used on my wife after meeting her for the first time at a dance was " So, would you like to get together and study the scriptures sometime" she said "yes" and the rest is five years of happiness and a wonderful little boy.

Song of Solomon?

Traveler: Are you free Friday night?

Prospective date: No, but I’m inexpensive.

Friday night picking up the date:

Knock on door of prospective date:

Date for the evening opens the door: “I do not like you anymore!” – Slams door shut.

Traveler stands there trying to figure out what just happened.

Door opens again – Date for the evening says: “But I do not like you any less.” - Takes Traveler’s arm and off we go.

Few months later this girl breaks up with Traveler – says: she needs a serious relationship???

The Traveler

Traveler: Are you free Friday night?

Prospective date: No, but I’m inexpensive.

Friday night picking up the date:

Knock on door of prospective date:

Date for the evening opens the door: “I do not like you anymore!” – Slams door shut.

Traveler stands there trying to figure out what just happened.

Door opens again – Date for the evening says: “But I do not like you any less.” - Takes Traveler’s arm and off we go.

Few months later this girl breaks up with Traveler – says: she needs a serious relationship???

The Traveler

Did she go off her medication? That was strange.

Did she go off her medication? That was strange.

She was just a very exciting and fun gal. Some background - during my dating years I had a lot of fun dating - I enjoyed first dates the best - just because of games one could play and for me dating was intended to be fun and games. But this girl was more than a match for me and always seemed to be one step a-head and doing things I did not expect.

What was really strange was that (as usual) I was dating more than one and had decided the other girl was not working out and I should break it off with her - she was just to serious. But this girl was just fun and I was going to tell her I would like to be more serious. I thought to take both girls out the same week end and break the news.

Before I got my thought is girl #1 said she wanted to break up because she thought things were getting too serious. What luck - we could break up and I would not have to dump her. The next evening girl #2 said she wanted to break up because she wanted a serious relationship.

It all seemed so strange - two sharp gals down on one weekend. My roommates asked what I was going to do. My answer - This is BYU - Sunday after church I'm going tracting for new prospects.

One last side note: Things changed when I met the now Mrs. Traveler - even thought I had to break the first two dates - when we finally did go out - we were married 6 months later - that was 40 years ago.

The Traveler

Wow, mine aren't nearly that good at all... but here goes.

In the middle of an awkward and unwanted first date, this guy took me to see a movie and in the middle of it he leaned over to me and asked me if I was ticklish. o.0

I promptly told him "No" and went back to trying to pretend I was super absorbed in the movie while trying to scoot as far away in my seat from him as I could.