What kind of music does everyone listen to?

Rapidmc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really put my finger on a certain type of music i listen to, its very different. But i can suggest you something im listening to tonight! :) Check out John Butler, theres a link to one of his songs in my profile, great music!

* Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn13GjkIxg4

Edited by Milluw

Oh, I don't claim to be sophisticated, but I know that I like. I know less about music than other things. Not being academic at all, music affects me deeply in my soul.

Musical literacy doesn't lessen the deep effect of music on the soul, if anything, it is increased when you understand the language of music.

Musical literacy doesn't lessen the deep effect of music on the soul, if anything, it is increased when you understand the language of music.

I must have dancing gene. Square dance is fun, but for me belly dance when I was younger ... I stopped it when I found out that belly dance is fertility right. :(

When I was investigating and would get upset, I listened to "More Holiness give me". It was quite calming. Anything Katherine Jenkins is lovely.

I love classical music and baroque. As an aspiring opera singer, I am partial to Verdi, Puccini, Mozart, etc. I also love lieder, especially Schubert. I will be auditioning for vocal performance/classical opera programs in the fall.

I spend an alarming amount of time studying choral music, particularly Finnish, Russian and German liturgical arrangements.

I have had an obsessive love for Korean pop music for the past three years. It is infectious, and I am happy with the sudden Gangnam Style craze.

I love classic rock music, including Cream, The Who, The Beatles, really just rock music in general. I've also come to love Rage Against the Machine recently.

I love classical music and baroque. As an aspiring opera singer, I am partial to Verdi, Puccini, Mozart, etc. I also love lieder, especially Schubert. I will be auditioning for vocal performance/classical opera programs in the fall.

I spend an alarming amount of time studying choral music, particularly Finnish, Russian and German liturgical arrangements.

I have had an obsessive love for Korean pop music for the past three years. It is infectious, and I am happy with the sudden Gangnam Style craze.

I love classic rock music, including Cream, The Who, The Beatles, really just rock music in general. I've also come to love Rage Against the Machine recently.

Lee Hyori, "10 Minutes", makes me sad that American musical folk don't get it. Now I have to look up Gangnam Style Music.

Lee Hyori, "10 Minutes", makes me sad that American musical folk don't get it. Now I have to look up Gangnam Style Music.

I'm fond of Lee Hyori, especially the song "U Go Girl." It's pretty silly but very fun and catchy. Her song "10 Minutes" was the first song kpop song I heard, actually. My favorite kpop act would have to be Girls' Generation/Sonyeo Shidae/소녀시대.

is a song by Psy that has, somehow, gone viral. Needless to say, he and his management are pretty confused. It's a huge hit due to its humor and weird dance. He's going to be performing at the MTV VMAs.

I notice from your profile that you are studying languages, Spanish and Arabic. I was Muslim but found learning Arabic too challenging. I'm not Muslim any more, not being at peace with their view on Jesus Christ. I did learn a great deal from the faith, however. Arabic Drumming just speaks to my soul in a really primal way. It greatly confuses me now because I really loved Turbo Tabla, but now, since my baptizim I am doubtful about listening to it.

The tabla is a really beautiful instrument. I don't think there would be anything wrong with continuing to listen to it; not all music we listen to has to be directly linked to our church.

I have yet to learn the Arabic script; it seems incredibly daunting and challenging. Right now I am focusing on Vietnamese, Spanish, French and Finnish (because of the Finnish composers I study).

The tabla is a really beautiful instrument. I don't think there would be anything wrong with continuing to listen to it; not all music we listen to has to be directly linked to our church.

I have yet to learn the Arabic script; it seems incredibly daunting and challenging. Right now I am focusing on Vietnamese, Spanish, French and Finnish (because of the Finnish composers I study).

I was not always Mormon. In fact I was only baptized in January; something I never thought would happen, reasoning that my sin was too severe. The church rescued me from a Hell so bad, that I thought to end my life later that night.

It is astonishing what happened to me, and it proved for me the love of Heavenly Father.

The thing about Belly Dancing music is that it goes clear to my soul, and I worry that such things would displease Heavenly Father. I think it was my favorite music.

I also practice belly dancing sometimes. I am worried about the lack of modesty that goes with the dance, but a lot of the costumes that go with it show just as much skin as a ballerina would. Judging from the types of belly dance, I don't technically have to show my stomach, and there are other modest dresses for the dance out there (especially the cane dance).

I have a daughter who lives in South Korea. She has gotten us hooked on Gangnam Style. Love it! Some of my children (adults, mind you) want to do their own video retake of it. I'm trying to learn the dance.

Edited by classylady

I also practice belly dancing sometimes. I am worried about the lack of modesty that goes with the dance, but a lot of the costumes that go with it show just as much skin as a ballerina would. Judging from the types of belly dance, I don't technically have to show my stomach, and there are other modest dresses for the dance out there (especially the cane dance).

I have about $150 worth of Belly Dancing clothing and Jewelry made in Turkey. The bra with the coins on it was too much for me so I wear a thin top under it. The skirt is split up the sides clear to there, so I wear leggings under it, that is if there will be men present.

I'm still suffering a lot of cultural disorientation, and knowing that Belly Dance is when no men are there, or alone with husband, makes me really warry of western customs.

I actually can not decide which song and arrangement I like the best; "Who Wants To Live Forever?", or "More Holiness Give Me" as sung by Jenny Phillips. She had a wonderful version of it on You-tube, and stupidly I did not "steal" it off You-tube, or try to buy it at that time. The version that so touched my heart when I was really questioning is now gone.

At this time, the Katherine Jenkins version of "Who Wants To Live Forever?" is readily available, and I have learned my lesson. I am trying to purchase her music on CD or DVD right now. Most DVD's are nice because they will play on my computer, or in my car CD player; being backwards compatible.

• 2 months later...
Hidden

I love alternative and indie rock (of course, only songs with appropriate lyrics and a generally uplifting feel). I'm pretty strict on appropriate lyrics. With that said, I have one band I can recommend without hesitation: Shrink the Giant. The lead singer is LDS and all of their lyrics are positive, uplifting, and motivational, without being in-your-face or sappy. This is uplifting alternative-indie-pop-rock that the whole family can listen to with so much variety from song to song that you can't get bored. Check them out on i-tunes. They'll also send you an autographed CD if you message them on Facebook. And they have a Youtube channel. I love this band, see what you think. :D