LDS Websites

applepansy

I have an online friend asking questions about Mormons.

Her first question was about garments. Go Figure! LOL

Anyway, I was going to give her the mormon.org website but I went there and search garments and got nothing helpful.

I can't remember the url for the church website that answers the quesitons. Can anyone help me?

Edited by pam
Mentions Mitt Romney

She need information on underwear in order to determine who to vote for?

Methinks this is not the most propitious sign of responsible voting.

No. A person she knows was making rude comments about the magic underwear and she wanted to know how to answer.

Still she wants to understand more.

Edited by pam
Because of previous Mitt Romney mention

There is much false information about the church in other churches. The temple and the Endowment are sacred, we do not talk about it and through this, that; not contributes to develop confidence at all. If this were one of my friends, I would make clear to her that the garment are a symbol for the sacred covenant into which we enter with God in the temple. No more but also not less.

There is much false information about the church in other churches. The temple and the Endowment are sacred, we do not talk about it and through this, that; not contributes to develop confidence at all. If this were one of my friends, I would make clear to her that the garment are a symbol for the sacred covenant into which we enter with God in the temple. No more but also not less.

What I said was "Other religions have symbols they wear on the outside that show their commitment to God. We just wear ours underneath"

Hidden

Vote for some one who have a history of there true charicter, morals, ethics and values that are generally excepted as a whole from the general populous who value the same ideals as you do.

I have an online friend asking questions about Mormons. She's tempted to vote for Mitt Romney but wants to know more about the religion issues.

Anyway, I was going to give her the mormon.org website but I went there and search garments and got nothing helpful.

I can't remember the url for the church website that answers the quesitons. Can anyone help me?

I have an online friend asking questions about Mormons.

Of all the questions I have had about Mormon beliefs and practices, the underwear thing was never one of them. I'm Catholic and wear a scapular and a cross under my shirt. It reminds me constantly of who I am.

Edited by pam
References to candidates not allowed.

Of all the questions I have had about Mormon beliefs and practices, the underwear thing was never one of them. I'm Catholic and wear a scapular and a cross under my shirt. It reminds me constantly of who I am.

As a Catholic why do you think LDS members get this question about our underwear all the time?

As a Catholic why do you think LDS members get this question about our underwear all the time?

I don't know. I think a lot of people want to make you appear as wierd as they can and having this "secret thing", in their minds, is just more evidence. In truth, it is out of ignorance, or, sometimes, just plain meanness. I have heard some that believe it is tied to the Masonic rites which makes it even more sinister. Don't worry, as a Catholic I get all kinds of wierd comments as well about various practices. Don't let it bother you. :)

I don't know. I think a lot of people want to make you appear as wierd as they can and having this "secret thing", in their minds, is just more evidence. In truth, it is out of ignorance, or, sometimes, just plain meanness. I have heard some that believe it is tied to the Masonic rites which makes it even more sinister. Don't worry, as a Catholic I get all kinds of wierd comments as well about various practices. Don't let it bother you. :)

It doesn't bother me. I've heard worse things said about us Mormons. I'm was just curious.

It doesn't bother me. I've heard worse things said about us Mormons. I'm was just curious.

I'm glad it doesn't bother you. I've started looking at these types of comments and accusations as an opportunity to explain my faith and hopefully evangelize. Unfortunately, what I have found is that folks who like to throw things like this around are usually not real interested in listening to the real answer.

God bless you.

Garments are something that I hear "nons" wonder about. There is that presure from some to see our church as something laughable. It's not of course, but people are people. I got in trouble for picking some that were folded and fell on the floor up and putting them back on the table. I just laughed it off. If fallen underwear is the worst emergency you ever face ...:lol:

I have an online friend asking questions about Mormons. She's tempted to vote for Mitt Romney but wants to know more about the religion issues.

Will your online friend not take your word for it? Seems like you could answer questions about mormonism just as well as any website, and they would have the advantage of being able to ask direct questions instead of just reading prepared statements and dogmas.