Coconut Oil

You can get really cheap refined coconut oil, but that's not what's good for you. Right now Costco has a 71-ounce tub of virgin coconut oil for about $21, which is a great price.

I think it's been helping me keep my weight stable. I consume between a couple teaspoons and a couple tablespoons most days. I make a sugar-free chocolate concoction with it that gets me through cravings. Last night I splurged and made hubby and I some magic shell with coconut oil and dark chocolate chips. Oh my, was it good (and Breyers' CarbSmart ice cream is really delicious, too).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Miles125
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Coconut Oil as opposed to olive oil or any other oil is a preferred oil for cooking and heating because this more tastey and more cheap than other oil.

So coconut oil is demanded more for the cooking.

Edited by Miles125
  • 3 months later...

I also get mine from Costco.

Costco has 54 oz Carrington Farms, unrefined, organic, cold pressed coconut oil for $16.99

Here is the Description -

Carrington Farm's cold-pressed organic extra-virgin coconut oil is the most nutritious oil and the perfect choice for your health and energy! Coconut oil has been described by nutritionists as, "The healthiest oil on earth." Our unrefined organic coconut oil is simply pressed and bottled so it retains its original nutrient content, flavor and color. Carrington Farms coconut oil is certified organic, has no trans & hydrogenated fats, and is perfect for healthy high heat cooking up to 350 F. You can use coconut oil as a healthy and delicious replacement for butter or fat; sauté vegetables, roast sweet potatoes, add to smoothies or mix into cereal. Great in baked good and over popcorn! It is excellent as a natural moisturizer for your skin and hair and you can even apply it to bee stings and bug bites to soothe and heal wounds. Coconut Oil turns into a liquid at 76 degrees F or higher. Store in a cool dry place. No refrigeration necessary.

I use coconut oil in cooking and for things like dry skin and as a deep conditioner for my hair. One place I get it is at Trader Joe's as they have some that's not too expensive, and it's frequently on sale. In fact, the thing that made me buy it in the first place was that they had it displayed on one of the end caps, and now, they even have it by one of the checkouts. Right now, my jar is in the kitchen, but I'm getting a second jar for the bathroom for the skincare and hair conditioning benefits.

• 2 months later...

Home made Magic Shell ice cream topping

1 & 1/2 c chocolate chips -- I recommend semi-sweet

1/2 c coconut oil.

Melt together. (It will be runny.) Pour over ice cream. Enter heaven.

Funny. I use exactly that same recipe, except I substitute coconut oil with 10W30. So awesome! Puts me in the hospital every time.

• 3 weeks later...

Olive Oil and Coconut Oil are different than other saturated fats. The body knows what to do with them. I have an article somewhere I'm trying to find but its not where I thought I bookmarked it so I'll have to do some searching.

My husband BP has gone down since he started the coconut oil. He puts it in his morning hot cocoa. I put it in my hot oatmeal.

I'm curious as to how coconut oil was able to lower your husband's BP. I always thought coconut oil was bad for someone trying to keep their Blood Pressure low.

I'm curious as to how coconut oil was able to lower your husband's BP. I always thought coconut oil was bad for someone trying to keep their Blood Pressure low.

Hydrogenated oils are all bad. Virgin Coconut oil is one of the healthiest oils. How it works? I'm not a scientist so I can't answer your question. I just know that the only thing he changed was adding the coconut oil and in less than 3 months his BP was back down in normal range.

Stress didn't change either.

• 1 month later...

Hydrogenated oils are all bad. Virgin Coconut oil is one of the healthiest oils. How it works? I'm not a scientist so I can't answer your question. I just know that the only thing he changed was adding the coconut oil and in less than 3 months his BP was back down in normal range.

Stress didn't change either.

I'll definitely keep this in mind. Need to look for ways to lower the cholesterol. Thanks :)

Edited by leonasmith77