Insanity

★☆

I'm in!

What is Insanity? I checked out the Facebook link but did not watch the video. I did notice, however, that the commenters were all men. Is this workout designed with the female body in mind? It sounds intense, and looks intense. Right now I'm doing anywhere from 60 minutes to 120 minutes on the air walker per day while I watch TV. It keeps me active but it's a very comfortable workout, and I'd love to do something that pushes me more. My cardio is pretty good cos I've always been a runner. What I need to focus on is strength training and muscle toning.

The video is just me demo'ing Insanity. I did that workout a few years ago. Shaun T was a collegiate track runner who designed the program. I know many women who have done Insanity with great results. It's an advanced workout so start out easy. And don't take the nutrition guide for granted. If you don't eat enough and if you don't eat properly, you will burn out. If you look closer, the comments are both men and women. Click "view previous comments."

Edited by skalenfehl

The video is just me demo'ing Insanity. I did that workout a few years ago. Shaun T was a collegiate track runner who designed the program. I know many women who have done Insanity with great results. It's an advanced workout so start out easy. And don't take the nutrition guide for granted. If you don't eat enough and if you don't eat properly, you will burn out. If you look closer, the comments are both men and women. Click "view previous comments."

★☆

Thanks. I'll check it out more closely. I can't do it easily on my mobile device :[

Okay, watched the video - awesome job! I think something like this is very doable. I just gotta throw the dogs outback for a little bit, and put baby in her playpen so I (a) don't get the dogs riled up and (b) don't stampede over baby!

Anatess, have you started?

Okay, watched the video - awesome job! I think something like this is very doable. I just gotta throw the dogs outback for a little bit, and put baby in her playpen so I (a) don't get the dogs riled up and (b) don't stampede over baby!

Anatess, have you started?

My planned start date is the Monday after Labor Day week!

Good thinking. I'm gonna be going out of town and visiting family for the holiday, so I may do the same thing, actually I think I will.

Yeay. You have just been chosen as my accountability partner. :)

★☆

Anatess, are you buying the DVDs? It hadn't dawned on me but I'm not sure I want to invest in workout DVDs.. Any suggestions in devising a workout that follows the Insanity principles? I'm kind of reminded of Tae Bo.. Is it really just a matter of choosing certain moves in rapid repetition for X amount of time?

Hey, Anatess! Don't leave me hanging here! Are we doin' this or not!?

*Throws ball at Anatess's head*

I haven't bought the Insanity workout blurays. I'm gonna hold off on that particular program for now. But I'm still doing my morning run and yesterday I signed up for yoga and zumba classes, which should be fun. I haven't ever done yoga classes but I did zumba before I got pregnant. I still need to incorporate some kind of muscle toning routine.. I got weights at home but they're for DH and not suited for me. Anyway, lost 1 lb over Labour Day weekend, which was highly unexpected because I ate a lot of food and didn't workout at all, except paddle around in the pool. Still, a much embraced surprise.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I wonder if it's as hard as it looks. The commercials look intense that's for sure. Be sure to remember to diet correctly because if it's as painful as it looks you don't want to go through all that just to ruin it with a bad diet. I remember reading about a study that said when people exercise sometimes they tend to overestimate how many calories they burn which compels them to eat more calories than they burn.

Edited by Eowyn
link removal

Bini! I haven't started. I got sick the weekend before I was supposed to start...

I've been watching the videos though. I find it entertaining to watch - like a movie. That Shaun T guy is a hoot!

George, it is even harder than it looks. It is very intense. I tried the "Fitness Test" part. It's not the actual exercise. It's just to test yourself if you can handle the thing. And I can't even finish the test! But, the thing about it is - you can modify everything to match your fitness level. Shaun gives you suggestions and you can also concoct some of your own.

About the diet - the insanity video comes with a nutritional guide. It tells you to eat a lot. You can't do this work-out and do a low-calorie diet - you'll pass out.

And like anything else - you don't go into a workout as a "temporary thing". Just like you don't go into a diet as a temporary thing. It needs to be a lifestyle change. The reason I wanted to do the insanity is because I just want to prove to myself that I can do it. It's not so I can workout for 60 days and never workout again...

Okay, Bini, I heard you're preparing for a marathon.... this might be too much for you to do on top of that. You won't have the energy to do both. This would be good to do after the marathon... kinda like another iron-man type challenge. :D

My friend lost a lot of weight, did a full course or round or whatever of Insanity to tone up, and had to go UP at least a pants size because it made her thighs too big. I'm looking at Pilates.

That sounds wierd. Insanity does not do weights training so, it won't make you gain muscle. It's more like a runner's workout - you'll burn up so much fat that whatever muscles you have underneath the fat is going to start sticking out. And if you don't consume enough protein or calories, you'll start losing muscle too. It's why my husband is not doing it.

Well, actually, I can see the pant size happening if she didn't have muscles to begin with and then she does the insanity and goes on major protein intake. You do need some muscle to have strength to hold your own body weight up. But this should be a good thing.

Or maybe she's doing the P90 one. That exercise use weights.

For lean muscles, pilates, yoga, and ballet class are great!

Insanity shouldn't make you bulky. It's all cardio. But P90X, now THAT, will rip you.

Update. Yes I'm training for a small marathon. Just working on pacing myself and getting a good timed run. I've been doing the 30 Days Shred with some friends, and that's a lot of fun. Again, you don't get toned with this stuff, you just burn fat. On weekends I do 2 hours of Yoga and Zumba. Yoga is what's kicking my butt! I didn't realise my core is a bit weak. Holding poses takes a lot of work! By the way, I am the ONLY female in that class. Haha. Instructor is male and all the participants are also male. But I love it!

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest GYMNAVACERVEN
Hidden

Professor Kemp's detective function led him to the name of Bianca Sforza. Illegitimate daughter of your Duke of Milan was in 1496 by Galeazzo Sanseverino unveiled, the commander in the military of Milan and patron of Leonardo Da Vinci. In the time on the portrait Bianca could possibly be 13 or 14 ages. She died tragically a handful of months afterwards, possibly due to an ectopic pregnancy. Kemp known as La Bella Principessa drawing, the lovely princess.

In such conditions, the tools are launched inside area of Experience Management. They allow the extraction of hidden education, transfer it to other employees, to create relating to the basis of new understanding.

Then spotlight the beneficial aspects of the practical experience. It is vital to take some of the blame, saying, "Not so good misinterpreted anticipations head to my task," rather of: "The employer did not tell me plainly exactly what are his expectations." Self-criticism is proof of your desire to increase and perform on all by yourself, which is essential for a opportunity supervisor.

Duże transfery nieduże pieniądze - Doradcy Biznesowi Play Gorzów Wielkopolski, Zielona Góra, Poznań, Leszno, Głogów, Piła, Szczecin, Stargard Szczeciński

HTC One