Swim Suits: Seriously???

Hala401

So, it has been a record HOT summer here in Portland and we all headed out to go swimming in some remote place where the water is warm. Well, I had what I thought was a quite modest Tankini with a skirted bottom. The Bottom fit fine, but when I tried to get into the top, it felt like the closet monster was strangling me. GASP !!!

So, digging around, I found a very old string bikini that I had. The bottom was simply out of the question, but the top matched the bottom of the tankini so with quite a lot of trepidation, we headed off to what my roommate said was a very secluded swimming hole.

I could never get over the feeling of being a trollop all afternoon.

So, this morning, I began to look for LDS approved swim suits and happened upon those at "Hydrochic". Wallah ! They are strongly reminiscent of the Muslim Burqini. So, I would buy and wear them, but is this seriously what LDS women wear when swimming? I'm fine with it, but do not wish to be laughed at.

My non Mormon friend says that "I ain't that bad" for an old lady. :eek:

Thsi is what I wear:

http://s7.landsend.com/is/image/LandsEnd/411159_A711_FF_WGP?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471&id=Fgpu40

What I like about this suit is it has an underwire bra built in. Every suit I've bought from Land's End has lasted for years and years. The only reason I bought this new one this summer is because I can't find the one I bought 4 years ago.

Edited by applepansy

Thsi is what I wear:

http://s7.landsend.com/is/image/LandsEnd/411159_A711_FF_WGP?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471&id=Fgpu40

What I like about this suit is it has an underwire bra built in. Every suit I've bought from Land's End has lasted for years and years. The only reason I bought this new one this summer is because I can't find the one I bought 4 years ago.

Yes, I think I could wear one of these. It would be far superior to string bikini top.

I was greatly surprised to find one suit at the site I mentioned that featured a below the knees skirt with flaired hem. I do not think a woman could so much swimming in that.

I recently ditched my scantily clad swimwear for a couple tankinis, and I'm very happy with them. Yesterday at Kohl's I bought this loud 80's tankini on clearance for about $8, and got to wear it that same day. Very comfortable and fun. Only thing I'm not thrilled about are the giant block tans you get from wearing a full torso suit. But, meh, I'll get over that I suppose.

My neighbor...she was so awesome. She had a backyard pool and often hosted swim parties for her children's friends. She had a no tolerance policy for inappropriate swimwear. She put up a sign out on the pool fence warning the guests to dress appropriately or they'd be sent home. I loved that she wasn't afraid of offending anybody. She was just so focused on protecting both the young men and young women. She was such a force for good. I saw her positive influence over and over.

Swim suit hunting is one of my most unfavorite activities. It makes me miss my 24 yr old body that could wear anything.

I just found a swimsuit at Eddie Bauer. It was one of their miracle suits. I bought the skirt and some board shorts to match so I'd have options. I love the board shorts. They cover my thighs which makes me feel more covered and they are still sporty and cute. And I can take them off or swim in them if I want.

I also made sure to buy the tankini so that I could mix and match .....and also so it's easier to go pee when your swimsuit is wet. :)

When the General Young Women's Presidency asks young women to wear one piece swim suits...well, then I'd say yes there is.

It becomes an obedience issue.

Obedience issue...for not listening to the GYWP? While it may be wise counsel....not sure it qualifies as disobedience if one decides to opt for something other than a one piece.

Obedience issue...for not listening to the GYWP? While it may be wise counsel....not sure it qualifies as disobedience if one decides to opt for something other than a one piece.

back in 2008 there was a similar thread. There have been conference talks. The one piece suit didn't come just from GYWP. I remember other GAs who have talked about it.

I'm not good with the search feature here. Maybe you can find the threads. I remember it was the fall of 2008 because that's when I joined this site. The thread had several links to Conference talks.

back in 2008 there was a similar thread. There have been conference talks. The one piece suit didn't come just from GYWP. I remember other GAs who have talked about it.

I'm not good with the search feature here. Maybe you can find the threads. I remember it was the fall of 2008 because that's when I joined this site. The thread had several links to Conference talks.

I think the "one piece" counsel came out before all the options that are presented today, like the tankini. If you start shopping for sporting swimsuits, you could cover your whole body if you want to.

I think the idea is keeping modest and there are lots of ways to do that. Some one piece suits are not modest at all. Remember all the french cut ones from the 80's? What I would have given for a tankini option back then.