No sacrament means no Spirit?

ALittleLost

For the last month I haven't been able to take the sacrament. I've done some confessing to the Bishop and have to wait to be able to take it again. Does this mean that I am unable to have the Spirit of the Lord with me until I can righteously partake of the sacrament again? Does the Holy Ghost leave and completely forsake someone while they can't take the sacrament? Am I unable to hear it's prompting's until I can take the sacrament again?

Being asked to not take the sacrament does *not* necessarily mean you cannot feel or be directed by the holy spirit. It may mean that, but it's more up to you and your personal circumstances than anything else. My guess is that if your need is real and you humbly ask for guidance, you're likely to get it.

HiJolly

Only if what you've done is so grievous that the Spirit would withdraw completely. I don't know what you've done, but it doesn't sound like it's near that point.

But, I have to ask... why do you need to ask? Is your relationship with the Lord not at the point where you could simply kneel down, pray, and see if you receive promptings and answers? If it's not, then I would (humbly) suggest that getting your relationship with Him to that point would be a very important part of your repentance.

Since you've been talking with the Bishop I would certainly say the Spirit has been with you. Your making an effort to correct a wrong in your life and the Lord could not be more pleased with you. The repentance process can be wrenching, epically if any disciplinary action needs to be taken. But remember this that your taking the vises Satan has no you and allowing the Spirit more into your life. There will be a time again to partake of the sacrament and when that time comes you will feel much joy.

From a Christian perspective it is impossible for a believer to lose the Holy Spirit. The Spirit is God (part of the Godhead, as Mormons say). The bible says, in Hebrews 13:5 that He will never leave or forsake us.

From an LDS perspective, the fact that God will never forsake us does not imply that we will never forsake God. God grants us our agency to choose, even if we choose to forsake him and embrace death. We are allowed to make that choice.

Feeling the presence of the Spirit is not tied to partaking of the Sacrement.

Membership in the church is not a requirement for the Spirit to be with one, to feel the spirit or to receive confirmation thru the spirit.

If there are currently things in your life that offend the Spirit, things that you are presently doing, then the Spirit may withdraw; however, it may come & go. If you are honestly doing all you can to correct your situation then the Spirit is more likely to be with you even if the Bishop has suggested you not partake of the Sacrement for a while.

There are many who partake of the sacrement each week whom may or may not have the spirit with them. The spirit may come & go.

There are some who for a variety of reasons may rarely partake of the sacrement, yet the spirit may be their constant companion.

In my personal experience, the Spirit was never stronger in my life then it was during a time frame when I did not partake of the sacrement very often. I worked wildfires & was a law enforcement officer with a federal land management agency. Summers were brutal & church was rarely possible & reality was even the basics of reading the scriptures etc took a back seat & bad language & other issues would frequently crop up because of the groups I was around 24-hours a day.

When I look back at those times it is so clear that the Spirit was my constant companion ... I can identify times I did things based soley on a radom thought or an impression & those things saved my life or the lives of others.

So, in short, the 2 are not tied together. One can & frequently does exist without the other.