How would you take this?

dianaspencer198

I am an investigator and get on quite well with the Elders...nothing inappropriate but we always have fun when we get together to study scriptures, attend SM and so on. Anyone, one of the Elders is set to finish his mission this spring.

The other day we were studying scripture and we were talking about Utah(where he is from). I mentioned that I wanted to visit SLC and see the landmarks. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: Is it safe for a single female to travel in SLC?

Elder: It is but you should wait for a missionary to go back to Utah and take you around.

I just smiled because he did not say "I will take you around". It was kind of vague. Anyway. the other day they came over to help me move something and we were talking about G,n Con. I mentioned that I wanted to go to the Spring Gen Con and the Elder said "That's my first weekend back...lol...come a few weeks afterward" So it is pretty obvious he does want to take me around.

Now, the $64 question is...is he just being a cordial representative of Christ or could there be something more to it? I am a single mom and live 2000 miles from UT..so I just don't know.

Knowing and respecting the fact that he needs to be 100% focused on his mission I would never bring this up to him today. So I am asking you former missionaries out there, what gives?

Right now I have more concern that the Elders are hanging out with a single female. Unless there are other people around that you haven't mentioned.

If they are teaching you or going to help you without someone else being around, they are clearly breaking mission rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now I have more concern that the Elders are hanging out with a single female. Unless there are other people around that you haven't mentioned.

If they are teaching you or going to help you without someone else being around, they are clearly breaking mission rules.

Nice try...my brother or my dad is always around when they are...they are not breaking mission rules!