New Youth Lesson Manuals

Saguaro

I've been hearing rumors for some time that they were working on new lesson manuals for the youth, but it looks like it's finally happening, there's a letter from the first presidency dated September 12 making the announcement that there are new manuals for 2013. It's interesting this is coming out now because on September 1 there was the usual annual announcement regarding next year's curriculum and it said nothing about new manuals, just the usual rotation of the current manuals.

I personally am very glad to see this happen, I think the old lesson manuals are very outdated and new ones are long over due. Hopefully these will be a great improvement.

I have PDF of the letter from lds.org but I don't think I can attach it, so below is the text of the letter.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Office of the First Presidency

47 East South Temple Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84150-1200

September 12, 2012

To: General Authorities, General Auxiliary Presidencies, Area Seventies, Stake Mission, and District Presidents, Bishops and Branch Presidents

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

We are pleased to announce a new curriculum for Young Men and Young Women, and for youth Sunday School classes. The new curriculum integrates basic gospel doctrines, as well as principles for teaching in the Savior's way that are also being introduced into the Seminary curriculum. The focus is on strengthening and building faith, conversion, and testimony, using the most current teachings of the General Authorities and General Auxiliary Presidencies.

The curriculum initially will be available online in 23 languages, beginning in January 2013, and will replace the existing manuals. Additional information will be provided in upcoming Area Council, Coordinating Council, and local stake and ward training meetings.

We are confident the new curriculum will bless youth in their efforts to become fully converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Sincerely yours,

Thomas S Monson

Henry B Eyring

Dieter F Uchtdorf

• 2 weeks later...

The lessons are available on LDS.org

https://www.lds.org/youth/learn/?lang=eng

It looks like there's more flexibility in the way the lessons are presented, rather than specific lessons each week there is a theme for each month and several outlines per month that the teachers can choose from.

This PDF gives a good overview of the new sctructure.

https://www.lds.org/youth/bc/youth/content/english/learn/train/introduction/pdf/PD50045282_000_Introduction_Web.pdf?lang=eng

Guest LiterateParakeet

The lessons are available on LDS.org

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't seen that.

I just looked at the first page and already I am happy. My hope for the new manuals was that they would be more Christ-centered, and they do appear to be...so yay!