ALittleLost

I'm young and have been going through the repentance process with the bishop over some sexual sins. I have been going great until recently, I haven't quite been faithful reading the scriptures for the last couple weeks and I feel the difference. I got caught up in immature emotions and began sexting with a boy. No pictures. just talk. but pretty innappropriate. I started so feel awful and sick with myself. I broke down and really want to be forgiven. I will fast all week if I have too. I don't want to go back to being the person I used to be. and I am disgusted with myself for my moment of weakness. So my question is, if I've already confessed to the Bishop similar sins such as this, do I have to tell him of this one I recently did? I really hope I can work through it as a personal matter between me and the Lord but I'm not sure if that's right? I'd be so embarrassed to tell him. Especially cause he's been so proud of me lately for my progress. I understand what I've done. Can I work this out and keep it between me and Heavenly Father? Or does the Bishop have to know so I can be forgiven?

I'm young and have been going through the repentance process with the bishop over some sexual sins. I have been going great until recently, I haven't quite been faithful reading the scriptures for the last couple weeks and I feel the difference. I got caught up in immature emotions and began sexting with a boy. No pictures. just talk. but pretty innappropriate. I started so feel awful and sick with myself. I broke down and really want to be forgiven. I will fast all week if I have too. I don't want to go back to being the person I used to be. and I am disgusted with myself for my moment of weakness. So my question is, if I've already confessed to the Bishop similar sins such as this, do I have to tell him of this one I recently did? I really hope I can work through it as a personal matter between me and the Lord but I'm not sure if that's right? I'd be so embarrassed to tell him. Especially cause he's been so proud of me lately for my progress. I understand what I've done. Can I work this out and keep it between me and Heavenly Father? Or does the Bishop have to know so I can be forgiven?

no idea, however as the bishop is involved in helping you repent i'd say it would be a very smart thing to tell him that you slid back a little and get his advice. my advice is if you are still in contact with that guy to let him know you crossed a line there that you did not want to and that you need to back away from doing that. You probably need to apologize to that individual as well. Then reduce your contact with him (or stop being in contact.. no idea what relationship you have with him)

I'd highly recommend really reducing contact with that person as it appears to put you into a situation where you are more likely to give into weakness.

hope this makes sense.. kinda out of it tonight.

I don't know if the bishop "has to know" for you to be forgiven. But the bishop is there to help you overcome this problem, obviously something you are struggling with. So whether the bishop "has to know" or not, I would urge you to counsel with him and let him help you.

I use the rule of thumb that if you think you need the bishop, it might be a good idea. As has been said, it may not be officially necessary nor should you look at it as confession, but your average bishop has seen worse and can be quite useful for advice or a shoulder to cry on. And he might be proud of your past progression, but slip-ups happen and you don't want matters to get worse.

On another note, stop kicking yourself, figure out what you need to avoid, and be as cheerful as possible about the repentance.

Best of luck to you.

I'd tell the bishop without delay. I think you need to for your own integrity and peace of mind. That guilt and shame you are feeling......that's just how Satan punishes and scares us after we sin. Don't let those feelings keep you from the balm of gilead your soul needs. Your bishop will be exactly what you need to move onward and upward. And confessing openly without holding anything back with help you find your integrity and self respect again.

Courage to you.