First major pregnancy hormone rage

Backroads

So... today is one of my favorite days of the month, one of the two days a month my Vine account (Amazon program that, to be it briefly, gives me free stuff) puts out an item list.

I do what I do when I have the time and refresh the page repeatedly at 12:59 to see the list the moment it is posted.

There was a cradle--down to six left. I quickly click it, select my addres... only to be informed I was a nanosecond too late and six other people beat me to the cute little cradle.

I'm almost in tears about this.

My mind is saying:

1. Darn and oh well, life goes on.

2. Half the fun is the race to see who can get what first. It's a delightful internet war zone and that's what I like.

3. Free stuff rocks, but I was already planning on budgeting for a sleep-related piece of infant furniture and with proper shopping around I'll find something just as cute if not cuter for a decent price.

4. Better luck next time--maybe there will be baby stuff next list.

5. For crying out loud, woman, you've never been this upset any other time you just missed out on something cool. Get over it!

But my hormones and emotions are being freaking ridiculous about this! To them it's the end of the world!

Edited by Backroads

But my hormones and emotions are being freaking ridiculous about this! To them it's the end of the world!

I hate this! It's seriously the worst. You can't help feeling that way, but in your head you know that you're overreacting. But you can't do anything about it! Just makes you want to pull out your hair.

(((hugs)))

I only had one major breakdown during my pregnancy and it was over something much more trivial: I have a steep driveway. It was Autumn and it had rained. A bunch of wet, slick leaves fell on my driveway and as I tried to drive up it, the wheels on my car just spun. Instead of just parking the car at the bottom of the driveway and walking up to the house, I sat in the car and sobbed........

Yep, you're normal.

Welcome to the threshold of my whacked up everyday life. I'm sad you had to come visit. But, now that you're here... you get first dibs on the feel-good props! Dig in!

Posted Image

(I've had one of these everyday for the past 5 days.)

I can remember feeling like that at times in my pregnancy... my husband thought I was gonna lose it sometimes. Pregnancy can make you crazy!! Hopefully, you can both just know that it's temporary and help each other get through days like that. Although, your husband needs to work on being more helpful for you especially since you are so sick.

Working Women

Edited by skippy740
political candidate quote removed

I can remember feeling like that at times in my pregnancy... my husband thought I was gonna lose it sometimes. Pregnancy can make you crazy!! Hopefully, you can both just know that it's temporary and help each other get through days like that. Although, your husband needs to work on being more helpful for you especially since you are so sick.

Working Women

Actually, my husband has been extremely helpful, and for about the past month I've stopped feeling sick. I'm not sure where you got the idea he wasn't helpful.

Just realise that the cradle probably won't be useful to you anyway. For the first several months, my daughter refused to nap or sleep in her cradle/crib setup. Would. Not. Have. It. My husband and I took shifts holding her in our arms and rocking her to Lala Land. Even then it didn't always work, and many nights we ended up cosleeping with her between us or she was on one of our chests. My baby was colicky though..

In the end, there will be another cradle elsewhere to buy. Hang in there. The crazy train has only just started.