Being led to surprising places in surprising ways.

For my birthday I decided to get myself a haircut, which I haven't had in about a year and a half. I have a hairdresser that I like, but had the nagging thought to try someone new. I looked around a bit and remembered a new sister in my ward who has a salon in her house. I thought, her hair is a lot like mine so she'll know what I need, and I booked with her.

I went last night and this sister, who I've never had a conversation with, opened up to me about a trial she's going through that is very specific to support and advice I have to offer. I felt that it wasn't just coincidence that I was there right then.

Last night I got an email from her stating that she had been feeling really down and lost about this situation, and felt blessed by our conversation. I feel blessed, too, because I am reminded that Heavenly Father so often helps us to cross paths with the people we need at that moment. I needed her just as much, because our talk reminded me of some miracles in my life that I'd almost forgotten.

You gave be goosebumps, Eowyn.

I've been blessed over and over by people following similar promptings. I was also told by a friend that a conversation that I had with her daughter was a direct answer to her daughter's prayer. It's a testament to me that Heavenly Father knows each of us, is aware of our needs, and puts other people in our path to help guide us.

(Not my experience, but a cool story)

When the borders to Germany were closing in 1939, Elder Norman Siebold was dispatched to tour the border towns and help any stranded missionaries to get out of the country. Siebold recalls riding a train and being prompted at random stops to get off the train and check the station--and when he did, he invariably found a couple of missionaries.

At one point he got the feeling to leave the station and walk out into the town. Walking about, he was prompted to enter a shady-looking tavern. Siebold, being a missionary, was uncomfortable with the idea of going into the place--but went in anyways, and found two stranded and nearly penniless missionaries seated at a table.

(Incidentally, Elder Joseph Fielding Smith later stated that the reason the Dutch had such a difficult time in World War 2 relative to the Danish, was that the Dutch government wouldn't allow fleeing LDS missionaries over the German border in 1939 whereas the Danes did.)

Edited by Just_A_Guy