"Casting burdens"

RayRay28

Hello ladies. Happy Sunday. I am very new here and not sure what I am looking for. I am 28 years old and going through treatment for breast cancer. My family (who is not in my ward) is aware, but I have not yet told my bishop or other members of the congregation. I have never dealt well with making my trials known to others. I am sure many of you understand this. I have a wonderful husband, and we have been getting through it with our own strength and faith. Last night was I watched the General RS Broadcast and listened to Sister Reeves talk about "casting our burdens before the Lord," I started to question if I am going about this the right way. I do not want to become a sympathy case, and I also know there are others in the ward who need much more than I do. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you.

You have to do what feels right to you. One thing you dont need is added stress so if telling people, at this point, gives more stress then dont. If it would help you to have help or understanding from others then tell. One thing you might consider is talking to the bishop and relief society president. They may have ways to help now or if you need help as you go along in your treatment. You could ask for their confidentiality until you are ready to let others know.

RayRay,

I agree w/ Anne! I would encourage you to tell the Bishop and ask for his confidentiality. Things are going well now (lets hope/pray that they continue!!) but things can change and you just might need your ward family. Also by letting the Bishop know...you have added one more person offering prayers on your behalf.

Good Luck Dear Sister!!!!!!!!:cheerleader: