Dallin H. Oaks - Saturday pm session

In every nation, in every language, children are children of God.

One of the most serious abuses of children is to deny them birth.

Worldwide there is estimated to be 40 million abortions a year.

Another abuse during pregnancy is the fetal effect of nutrition and drug use.

Children growing up in poverty have inadequate education and nutrition.

With the help of the Lord we can be more loving towards children. Our own and those around us.

We need to remember the story of the Savior when he placed a child upon his knee and said “And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name, receiveth me.”

The most powerful teaching of children is by the example of their parents.

Our Church leaders have taught that looking upon marriage "as a mere contract that may be entered into at pleasure… and severed at the first difficulty… is an evil meriting severe condemnation, " especially when children are made to suffer.

Pure little children are our role models of humility.

I could feel the Spirit so strong in my home as I brought each new little baby home. Older brothers and sisters learned tenderness and sacrifice as they helped care for their younger siblings. It was such a joy to see young teenage boys/girls hold their new little brother or sister in their arms. Now, as a grandparent, I love to see the love my children have for their own babies. Children truly are a blessing!

I loved this talk. A friend who recently left the church chose one little part of this talk out of everything wonderful about today's conference to gripe and complain about. I just thought, what a shame to spend all that time ignoring good so that you can pick one thing you don't like at the end to whine about on Facebook.