Thomas S. Monson - Sunday am session

We live in a unique time in the world’s history.

It’s hard not to become discouraged.

Instead of dwelling on the negative, take a step back and take an inventory of your life specifically for the blessings, large and small, you have received.

Much joy comes as we recognize that we can communicate with our Heavenly Father through prayer and those prayers will be heard and answered. Perhaps not when we expect them to, but they will be answered by a Heavenly Father who knows and loves us perfectly.

The Lord's purposes are often accomplished as we pay heed to the guidance of the Spirit.

I believe that the more we act upon the inspiration and impressions which come to us, the more the Lord will entrust to us His errands.

Never postpone a prompting.

Our Heavenly Father is aware of our needs and will help him if we call upon Him for assistance.

The Lord is into the details of our lives.

I never cease to be amazed by how the Lord can motivate and direct the length and breadth of His Kingdom and yet have time to provide inspiration concerning one individual.

The Lord is in all of our lives. He wants to bless us. He wants us to seek His help.

As He guides us and directs us, and as He hears and answers our prayers, we will find the happiness here and now that He desires for us.

I was most touched by his story of the youth who all knelt to pray together when there were technical difficulties during the rehearsal for the Cultural Celebration for the dedication of the Kansas City temple.