Inactive member here

BusyB

I've been inactive for over 10 years. I've been married for almost a year now and I'm wanting to go back to church with my husband. He was raised christian but no certain religion and doesn't really like the LDS church and how organized we are. Any suggestions on how to get him into the church? I've asked him to read the BoM when he can and pray about it ... if it's true or not. I'm also thinking of starting to have the missionaries over. We don't go to church on Sunday yet. It's really hard going back after over ten years of living in the dark. I'm so ready to go back to the light though! :D

Oh, BusyB!!!! My heart sings for you! Having the missionaries over is certainly a step in the right direction. I remember when I came back, I had to have the discussions over again.

If you know the Bishop, give him a call as well. He will direct the Relief Society to take steps to contact you, if that's what you want.

My suggestion is to also start saying prayers with your husband. They can be simple and just letting the Lord know of your gratitude and love for Him and for each other.

Keep going girlfriend!!!! He stands waiting to help you.

My sister became inactive soon after she graduated from high-school met the love of her life when she was about 20 -- they married and she was very happy. She said she missed going to church but didn't really think much about it until her first child was born. Then she started thinking that it would be nice to have her blessed and bring her up in the church. Time went on and then she had a second daughter born and her mind and spirit were really to starting to long for church.

She talked to her husband about going to church -- he had been raised catholic and just really wasn't interested in going to church. After a little while he agreed that if she wanted to go to church and take the girls it would be alright with him. As time passed he warmed up to the home teachers and having the missionaries over for dinner. One of their home teachers was involved in the scouting program and my brother-in-law started helping out.

My brother-in-law told me that it was the fellow-shipping that really brought him around. My sister and her husband and there two daughters were sealed in the Temple when their youngest was 3 and the eldest was 5 and they have been faithful members ever since.

So take BrendaM's advice!