Polygamy in the afterlife?

BusyB

I hate all this talk on here about polygamy...  I would personally not choose to be sealed in this life to someone who has been sealed to another.    If it's a requirement for exaltation I'm either going to be mega pleased about it or not be exalted and I'm OK with that as I really dislike polygamy.  Why the interest.. Do you think Heavenly Father is going to make you unhappy.    

Heavenly Father will never make you unhappy...  However the requirements for the Celestial Kingdom can easily be paraphrased as someone that happily submits to "all things"  

Considering "all the things" that various men (and women) of God have suffered through in this life (including Christ and his suffering on the Cross) is some pretty serious and painful stuff. Therefore the idea that some people have that for "some reason" that they will not be called upon to suffer or otherwise do hard things but somehow still get the same reward is absurd.

But the scriptures are clear that people who are unwilling to bear the weight of Celestial Glory will not be burdened with it... they we be given the level of Glory they are willing to bear https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/88.21-22

31 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

Heavenly Father will never make you unhappy...  However the requirements for the Celestial Kingdom can easily be paraphrased as someone that happily submits to "all things"  

Considering "all the things" that various men (and women) of God have suffered through in this life (including Christ and his suffering on the Cross) is some pretty serious and painful stuff. Therefore the idea that some people have that for "some reason" that they will not be called upon to suffer or otherwise do hard things but somehow still get the same reward is absurd.

But the scriptures are clear that people who are unwilling to bear the weight of Celestial Glory will not be burdened with it... they we be given the level of Glory they are willing to bear https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/88.21-22

I totally agree.  As a recent convert to the Church I had a really hard time with the polygamy stuff if I'm honest,  it really made me question if I wanted to join the Church.   I reasoned it this way,  it really bothered me because I know the Church is true. (obviously if I didn't think the Church was true it wouldn't bother me) my husband isn't a member (he is a Buddhist) and as a Catholic I always thought God will sort anything out, with God all things as possible.   I believe this about Polygamy too, I will do my husbands ordinances when he passes and see what happens,  where ever I end up is going to be amazing, if this isn't the celestial Kingdom then before I joined the Church I didn't think I was going to the celestial Kingdom either so it doesn't matter.    If we do have the same personality in the afterlife though I can't see me changing my mind about polygamy though and if my husband passed away I would rather be single or marry another non member then be sealed to a member who has already been sealed to another. 

Edited by An Investigator

11 minutes ago, An Investigator said:

I totally agree.  As a recent convert to the Church I had a really hard time with the polygamy stuff if I'm honest,  it really made me question if I wanted to join the Church.   I reasoned it this way,  it really bothered me because I know the Church is true. (obviously if I didn't think the Church was true it wouldn't bother me) my husband isn't a member (he is a Buddhist) and as a Catholic I always thought God will sort anything out, with God all things as possible.   I believe this about Polygamy too, I will do my husbands ordinances when he passes and see what happens,  where ever I end up is going to be amazing, if this isn't the celestial Kingdom then before I joined the Church I didn't think I was going to the celestial Kingdom either so it doesn't matter.    If we do have the same personality in the afterlife though I can't see me changing my mind about polygamy though and if my husband passed away I would rather be single or marry another non member then be sealed to a member who has already been sealed to another. 

Indeed...  It is even understandable/acceptable to struggle with things we find hard...  That is not the problem... the problem is when we draw the lines and say it must be this way or God is wrong.  That is when we fail

9 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

Indeed...  It is even understandable/acceptable to struggle with things we find hard...  That is not the problem... the problem is when we draw the lines and say it must be this way or God is wrong.  That is when we fail

Oh no I am quite open to the fact that it might be what God has planned,  I think if we are deep down Celestial Kingdom material and let's face it only Heavenly Father can see the heart, when the vail is removed we will see the bigger picture and as perfect beings it will be amazing Until then why worry.. Everyone is going to be happy where ever they end up Celestial Kingdom or otherwise