Teenage Agnst

kathysmike

I currently have custody of a 15 year old son from my 2nd marriage, he has been with us for 16months now. He is attending Church every week, currently getting A's and B's in all classes but Geometry we are working with teachers and conculers and tutors in this class.

Batman as he is known is having what is best known as teenage agnst uncomfortable with things very withdrawn, I have broken through and we have what still is a gaurded back n forth. This weekend was set to be Moms, but with the issuse of the agnst and such we decided he would remain home rather have to deal with the tension and other issuses at his Moms.

I sent Mom a very well thought out and written email explaining what was talked about, recieved a reply asking to be kept informend other than that she was ok with Batman staying home for now. This was a complete suprise. Later this afternoon his materal Grandafather called trying to change the boy's mind, I got on the phone explain there was nothing majorly worng but the descion was made he would not be coming this weekend. Grandpa became loud demanding that he was coming to get him, I informend him that was not going to happen and ended the call. He calls back same attitude I suggest that they get together for lunch on Saturday, I was then told to SHUT MY F....ING MOUTH, I informend He was not going to call my house and talk to me like that and hung up.

Two hours later my dear sister calls telling me Marshall (our SP) and dear longtime family friend called wanting know if there was any truth to the fact that my son, I, and step mom were in a major crisis state. As it worked out Grandfather caled his SP who called my SP to report my family was in a crisis and my Bishop needed to intervine.

Durring this exchange I feel I exersised much more restraint than I could have just a short time ago I have seem growth in myself for which I am very thankful for the new insights that have come into my life. Listen listen for that still small voice.

His Mom has since emailed upset over her fathers reaction vowing to kep him out of the loop as we work through this teenage agnst.

This is the 1st time in all the years I have known this family that my ex has shown any sign of stepping away from her parents and thier power. These people are not my exes for no reason

Edited by kathysmike
addditonal thaoughts and ideas

Returned after takning My wife in for an Endoscope this afternoon, we found source of her bleeding. We found Batman visiting with his Grandmother plotting what they would be fixing for dinner. Batman reported school was fair only a few episodes of lossing complete focus.

Seeemed to openly connnected with me and stepMom and his Fav Cuz who is 28 and around the house 2 or 3 evenings a week..

Prayers for the ability to gain insight into keeping the communcation open with my dear Son are the key and biggest help I have, Observe Pray, Listen, Take Action, is my plan. These trials seem to come when we are burried inserving others, Dear wife was in the Hosptial on 9-28 and 9-29 very anmeoic count was down to 4.9 she was givin 3 units of whole blood,wich was able to bring the number back up to 9.5. Still needed to have colonoscopy that was set for Tuesday of this week, well the test requiers the clean out of the system the evening before. My Kathy being physically Handicapped was able to make it to the Stool but in pulling her self up the gates opened. After 1 and 1/2 hour of me down on my hands and knees mopping the floor up with towells then putting in the wash on a sanitary cycle. Then going back in and sanitizeing the Bathroom floor mind you Kathy crawls on all fours while in the Bathroom.

By sheer blessing of the Lord the teen age agnst issuse and its ramifacations from his maternal family were issuses that did not need any of my time or attention. SInce my chronic pain was rearing its head all day found no relief from the normal medication I use.

The good News is I was able to remain calm smile and present my self as the loving caring man of God I know I can Be. I am begining to learn that when I serve others some how I losse myself and the pain I have whoalled in for so long gets pushed aside when I focus on others.

Edited by kathysmike
spelling correction