Getting Stitches and going to the temple question!!!!!!

JustSimplyMe

That really is odd. Did the Bishop ask her do you wear tampons or pads? I think it should a preference if you want to wear tampons or a pad or even both. I rather not wear pads because they make me feel like I peed my pants, makes me worry if I'm going to leak, and also I feel like I have a diaper on.

That really is odd. Did the Bishop ask her do you wear tampons or pads? I think it should a preference if you want to wear tampons or a pad or even both. I rather not wear pads because they make me feel like I peed my pants, makes me worry if I'm going to leak, and also I feel like I have a diaper on.

Yes, he did ask. And when the girls reported that to the parents, I assure you he got a stern rebuke. Have no fear; your feminine hygiene choices have no bearing on your worthiness.

There is no rational reason to disallow women from doing baptism when using a tampon. Temple workers who so are in need of some education.

As for being in the water, this is why we are recommending you talk with your doctor. But keep in mind that people shower and bathe with stitches all the time. The five minutes you are in the font probably aren't much worse than the fifteen minutes people spend in the shower.

Also, when I was 18, I had two very large moles removed from my back. By the time I had the bandages permanently removed, I was back to unrestricted activity (about three days).

But please, satisfy our curiosity and let us know what your doctor says.

My grandson has stitches in his foot in the last year. The instructions were "keep them dry" Not 5 minutes in the tub is ok. The instruction was "Keep Them Dry." This hasn't changed since I started nursing school.

I wanted to make sure nothing had changed in the last year so I called my sister (RN)...nope nothing changed. A wound with stitches in not closed. The sutures are a highway for bacteria to enter.

Hidden

Vort actually brings up a good point that I omitted. There's nothing wrong with wearing a pad in the font, though I've never given it much thought since a few (admittedly anecdotal) experiences I've read about report that the pad swells up uncomfortably during the baptisms. But in the interest of completeness, Vort is right to mention that pads are a viable option as well.

I don't have any hard evidence, but my impression is that pads are more common among the younger set of young women (11 - 14) and tampon use increases with age (14+).

Also, there are some religious interpretations that feel that using a tampon is sinful. (anecdote, not data: Why Is Using Tampons A Sin? - Yahoo! Answers). I also knew a sister in college who had once been denied a temple recommend by her bishop in high school because she used tampons and not pads. It may seem odd to some of us, but there are people in the world that use the interpretation.

Asking about tampons or pads in NOT one of the approved questions for a temple recommend.

I think there is some confusion in this thread. Stitches or an open wound is not the same as having a period.

1. Stitches or wound the risk is introducing bacteria from the font into the wound.

2. Periods: the risk is introducing bacteria into the font. A tampon can stop blood seeping into the pool, a pad won't.

Two different things here.

These are not just my opinion, they are medical facts.

I'm not sure how we went from stitches to tampons. But again, the best advice is to ask your doctor. Not sure what more people can add so we're closing this thread.