Church Service Missions

Sister_N

Has anyone here served a Church Service Mission?

I know that Heavenly Father wants me to serve, but I cannot serve a full time mission (due to health, finances etc)

I have looked at Church Services on LDS.org and have found one that I think would be perfect for me - family search (based at home)

I guess I am just interested in hearing about other peoples experiences with regards to Church Service Missions :)

There are many many options for church service missions. The flexibility is amazing. Three of my neighbors are ushers at the Conference Center. Another is at the Visitors Center at Temple Square and before that she planted flowers on church properties.

Just as your Bishop. Let him help you find something that will fit for you.

I volunteered at the Ogden Temple for seven years. It wasn't a mission but it worked for me. I can't wait until Ogden's rebuild is finished so I can go back. The other thing I do is crochet altar clothes for the temples, which then led to mending them too.

There is always something you can do.

I was struggling to find many options for Church Service Missions (as I live in a rural area in the UK) which is why the family search seemed perfect :)

I have spoken to my Branch President and he is looking into things further for me.

Does anyone know whether you have to go through the Temple before serving a Church Service Mission?