Uplifting Christian Music

MattS

I believe there are uplifting Christian songs which are not considered hymns, but are still uplifting and a form of worship.

One of my favorites is the song "In His Hands", which while not in the LDS Hymn Book, is in The Salvation Army Song Book:

Do you have any songs which you like?

I love pretty much everything Hilary Weeks does. I got to meet her a couple of years ago too, and she's lovely. One of her songs, "He Hears Me", helped get me through a pretty tough time.

I like the Band Skillet, one of their singles in particular called "Hero". Although the music video seems to feature people being heroes (firefighters etc..) I really think the song is referring to the savior as the Hero. They are a Christian band and do religiously themed music. Another by this same band called "Monster" speaks to me about the "natural man" which I fight with on a daily basis.

Another favorite, and this has no religious meaning intended by the artist, is Path by Apocalyptica, it's an instrumental where the instruments (4 cello's) are locked in a battle with a distorted version of the melody and a clean beautiful version of the melody.

Edited by jerome1232