LDS YouTube commercials

MattS

I sometimes get these commercials, which I normally skip.

However, I did force myself to watch one and I was not impressed, especially at how the feature person talked about their own life.

Being Christian isn't meant to be about the personal pronoun "I", it should be about Jesus. This was touched on, but right at the end of a 3 minute video!

Because the focus of "I'm a Mormon" add campaign is, "Look, we don't have horns." or "Look, we don't eschew technology and live on compounds." not "Here is my personal witness of Christ." They're primarily informational not testimonial in nature, though they do have benefits for the latter. In areas they're played members and missionaries have noticed more people asking questions to them which gives them an opportunity to bear testimony and further explain our beliefs.

Edited by Dravin

However, I did force myself to watch one and I was not impressed, especially at how the feature person talked about their own life.

That's the point of the I'm a Mormon ads. To showcase who are these Mormons? It's not about what we believe. It's about who we are.

It's pretty sad that we still have Whoopi Goldberg saying on a widely-viewed National TV program that the reason a prominent Mormon political figure did not serve the military is because it is against his religion.

The name of the Church is, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There's no question that it is first and foremost about Jesus Christ.

I sometimes get these commercials, which I normally skip.

Being Christian isn't meant to be about the personal pronoun "I", it should be about Jesus. This was touched on, but right at the end of a 3 minute video!

Personally, I'm glad that they talk about themselves and don't focus on Jesus. If, when investigating, all I saw was Jesus stuff, I'd probably keep going. You have to get people where they are, first, then you can start in on the other stuff. I needed to know that Mormons were regular people who listened to rock and roll, had educations, and interesting lives.

Have you seen the video of Brandon Flowers?

I don't know which one you mean, but I watched part of 'Crossfire.' It's OK, but I mean bands like the Stones. Pumpkins. Iggy Pop. David Bowie. And other bands I can't think of at 8:20 in the morning. I like a lot of music from around the world and different styles, but I always come back to rock.

I don't know which one you mean, but I watched part of 'Crossfire.' It's OK, but I mean bands like the Stones. Pumpkins. Iggy Pop. David Bowie. And other bands I can't think of at 8:20 in the morning. I like a lot of music from around the world and different styles, but I always come back to rock.

Brandon Flowers is the lead singer of The Killers...and he's a Mormon. His "I'm a Mormon" video went viral last year. Hi I'm Brandon | Mormon | 5233