Farewell Talk this Sunday.

Bamaboi31

My favorite one (this was actually accomplished by a daughter who's father was the Stake President and he asked her to speak at Stake Conference):

1. Bring you own scriptures and put some baby powder in between two pages.

2. When you open your talk make sure you mention that due to forgetfulness, you didn't bring your scriptures. Let the ward know you asked to borrow your Dad's, or Mom's, or even the Bishop's scriptures.

3. As you open your scriptures, give a puzzled look and then say, "I'm sorry, one sec, having a hard time reading the verse."

4. Blow the baby powder.

Result: looks like you are blowing dust away from either your Mom's, Dad's, or Bishop's scriptures.

Usually receives a great laugh, if no one has seen it. I pulled this on my mission with one of our Branch Presidents.

At actually spoke at the end and said, "I am sorry brother's and sister's, I let Elder Exon borrow my old scriptures, and then likened it to Moroni's statement, "out of the dust".

It was a great comeback to my joke.

Sorry I don't have any funny openers, but I'm reminded back when they used to have traditional farewells, my older brother for his farwell wanted the choir to sing Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin but they weren't sure how to handle the part where it started rocking so he settled on Morning has Broken by Cat Stevens. It was awesome seeing the loving people I grew up in our old ward singing that song with smiles on their faces. One of my greatest memories.

Sorry I don't have any funny openers, but I'm reminded back when they used to have traditional farewells, my older brother for his farwell wanted the choir to sing Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin but they weren't sure how to handle the part where it started rocking so he settled on Morning has Broken by Cat Stevens. It was awesome seeing the loving people I grew up in our old ward singing that song with smiles on their faces. One of my greatest memories.

Wow, that would never fly these days.