Please explain this to me!

Guest SquidMom

Hell-o everyone. This is a first for me, i hope i am getting this right. I just bought a book from deseret books called " The Kolob Theorem" by Lynn M. Hilton who is a member of the church and has taught at BYU. i haven't read the whole book yet but very interesting. He writes " The Kolob Theorem allows us to see more clearly the home we lived in before we were born and the home we will live in after we die. These places appear more real; they are made of matter, some of very fine pure matter, and exist in time and space. It helps us anticiplate the reality of the glories of our futrue home."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell-o everyone. This is a first for me, i hope i am getting this right. I just bought a book from deseret books called " The Kolob Theorem" by Lynn M. Hilton who is a member of the church and has taught at BYU. i haven't read the whole book yet but very interesting. He writes " The Kolob Theorem allows us to see more clearly the home we lived in before we were born and the home we will live in after we die. These places appear more real; they are made of matter, some of very fine pure matter, and exist in time and space. It helps us anticiplate the reality of the glories of our futrue home."

So Lynn M. Hilton is saying that there actually is a place ( perhaps a planet) called Kolob?

I dearly hope you did not pay actual money for that "book", for two reasons:

1. It is available for free download.

2. If you paid even a single penny for it, that is a penny more than it is worth.

I dearly hope you did not pay actual money for that "book", for two reasons:

1. It is available for free download.

2. If you paid even a single penny for it, that is a penny more than it is worth.

Are you saying that it contains purposely false information, written by a member of the church? If that's the case then it is garbage.

I would have thought that Deseret Bookstore would do a better job of screening the books they sale..

Are Deseret Bookstores owned by the church, or arew thay just allowed or contreacted to sale LDS materials? Brother Ray

Deseret Book is a private publishing and bookselling company that targets an LDS audience. They are not owned by the Church.

Deseret Book is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deseret Management Corporation, the holding company for business firms owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Deseret Book is a profit-making Utah corporation.

DeseretBook.com - About Us

But that does not mean everything they publish is canonized doctrine.

Are you saying that it contains purposely false information, written by a member of the church? If that's the case then it is garbage.

On the contrary, I assume the author was sincere. But sincerity does not magically make falsehoods into truths, or turn absurdity into good, solid sense.

At BYU wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back when, my D&C class, was when I first heard Kolob mentioned. We were taught that it is the planet nearest to our Heavenly Father and quite possibly is where He resides. I wish I had a better memory where quoting people and scriptures is concerned...there was a talk sometime between present day and about 35 years ago..a conference talk or BYU devotional where Kolob was discussed. I will now go search for it. It was therein stated that Kolob is where our Father dwells. I'll find it. Just may take some digging. I have heard Elohim used my entire life.