Question for Margin of Error

seeking_peace

Yes. Well, almost. Not just gay men, but gay women and youth as well.

It's a statement against the BSA's policy that men, women, and youth (both boys and girls) are not allowed to participate in scouting if they are avowed homosexuals. It is my position that chartering organizations ought to be free to decide if homosexuals may participate in the programs they sponsor.

One of the other Episcopal churches in my area addressed the issue rather well in their recent newsletter (see the last page). The parish that charters my troop is working on a similar statement, and I'm proud to be affiliated with organizations such as these.

Edited by MarginOfError
Changed the link

Hidden

Yes. Well, almost. Not just gay men, but gay women and youth as well.

It's a statement against the BSA's policy that men, women, and youth (both boys and girls) are not allowed to participate in scouting if they are avowed homosexuals. It is my position that chartering organizations ought to be free to decide if homosexuals may participate in the programs they sponsor.

One of the other Episcopal churches in my area addressed the issue rather well in their recent newsletter (see the last page). The parish that charters my troop is working on a similar statement, and I'm proud to be affiliated with organizations such as these.

I want a fleur-de-lis with a horse, to show my support for my brothers and sisters who enjoy having sex with horses. They should be allowed to work with the Boy Scouts as well, and should be able to openly acknowledge their beautiful and Godly attraction to horses as sexual objects.

I didn't see the statement in your link. Did you link it to the right newsletter? Or am I blind? (Which IS possible.)

Just curious to see how others of faith believe and frame their thoughts for this issue.

It's on the last page of the newsletter.

"Parish Notes" is at the top of the page, and the article is titled "On My Mind...St. Paul's and Scouting"

I don't care if homosexuals are involved in these organizations. Being gay doesn't make you a pedophile. What's the big issue?

Homosexual relations is against the moral code of the BSA in the same manner that it is against the moral code of the LDS church.

There's no BSA leadership questionnaire that you have to fill that asks - are you gay? But if people find out that you are in a homosexual relationship or seeking one, you will be asked to step down. It would be idiotic to pledge to be clean in thoughts, words, and deed and have your scout leader knowingly violate a BSA moral code.

I don't care if homosexuals are involved in these organizations. Being gay doesn't make you a pedophile. What's the big issue?

I would never have allowed either of my son's to participate in a Troop with an openly gay leader and fully support the BSA decision.

Edited by bytor2112