Greetings..

danny

Hello :)

Okay.. so to put it bluntly, I have really no Idea why I am on an LDS message board. I guess it is to increase my appetite on the curiosity of the Mormon church that I have had the past few years on and off.

A little background info on myself : I'm 22 , Law student from England and also an evangelical christian and serving youth pastor . most of my friends would highly discourage me from viewing this site, yet I have always had a fascination with the LDS.

I have researched and studied pretty much everything from culture to doctrine. Much of which would possibly be classified as anti-mormon, but I'm not one to jump the wagon on other peoples opinions. I guess I often see more 'fruit' in the LDS then I do Christians my own age. If that isn't too controversial to say.

I have even had missionaries visit my house, more then once. thee different pairs actually each with their own set of characteristics haha , one par actually broke out into song.. which was quite bizarre but interesting nonetheless ha.

I guess my introduction is rather out of place, but still I hope I can grasp a clearer perspective of the lds church from yourselves by exploring this site.

- Danny

• 2 weeks later...

Danny, your experiences aren't so unusual, as i get the impression you think. I was born and raised a Baptist, but felt drawn by the spirit to learn more about the LDS church. I read anti-mormon materials, then i felt that i had to give both sides a fair shake and read the pro lds materials. After a while and after prayer, i felt compelled from within to join the church. I have never been happier, though it took a while for some relatives to come around, my grandfather was a deacon in the baptist church and choir leader, aunt was catholic, but in time they could see it was good for me. Not everyone has the same experience, but it is typically common to feel the spirit of god drawing us to want to know more about the church. Alan

Hey Danny...I am a returning member to this board and if I remember correctly there are many here who are not members of the LDS church. It always seems to work out when we engage each others beliefs and doctrine on common ground. In other words talk about what we have in common and go from there. However there will be times of spirited debate and when that happens it's good to be respectful, polite and agree to disagree. Welcome dude!