Twilight 5 was actually GOOD.

Bini

So, Vort, definitely take Mrs. Vort even if you'd rather gouge your eyes out. I'd recommend it to anyone else that is interested in seeing it, or is on the fence about it -- it's worth the money and quite enjoyable.

Quick rundown.. Twilight 5 flows nicely, keeping you involved up until the final and most epic battle of the saga. There's a couple sensual scenes and a partial nude shot of Bella's and Edward's upper bodies (waist up). But unlike previous movies, it doesn't focus on the complicated love triangle of Jacob-wants-Bella-wants-Edward, instead it highlights some new characters and their X-Men like abilities.. The visual effects are stunning, even if you flat out hate Twilight, the CGI and vividness are very pleasing to the eyes.. One MAJOR twist will get you saying, "No way!", before the closing credits ;)

My friends invited me to go with them late last night. I declined. They said it was awful, they felt like it would never end, and one of them slept through it. There was discussion of someone barfing in her purse, but I'm pretty sure she was kidding.

A friend offered the following Facebook review:

My few-sentence analysis of the last Twilight movie (yeah, I paid actual human money to see it and yeah this is me typing. There were circumstances. Direct all questions to [my husband].)

If Breaking Dawn Pt 2 was an underachieving kindergartner, it [soiled] itself for the first hour and a half, paid attention for about ten minutes, and then ate glue for the remaining five minutes. During that ten minutes, I actually found myself sitting up straight with an "ooo baby" look on my face, accompanied by a budding, albeit fleeting, suspicion that I was in fact watching a real movie with actors and such. There is some pretty sweet, hat-tip-worthy action. Overall, however, it is ripe for Rifftrax. Can't wait!

Guest LiterateParakeet

The report I read is that it's the worst movie ever, not just worst in the series. Dreadfully bad, they said. Maybe you just have awfully bad taste in movies?

Maybe it means whomever wrote the report you read has awfully bad taste in movies . . .

I haven't seen it, but the reports I have heard have been favorable. It's all subjective.

So, Vort, definitely take Mrs. Vort even if you'd rather gouge your eyes out. I'd recommend it to anyone else that is interested in seeing it, or is on the fence about it -- it's worth the money and quite enjoyable.

Thanks for the recommendation. I would have taken her last night, but our daughter had a birthday party with seven other ten- to twelve-year-olds who spent the night, and that kinda removed the option. I spent the morning making a pancake breakfast and enjoying the company and conversation of eight energetic young women. Maybe tonight.

Thanks for the recommendation. I would have taken her last night, but our daughter had a birthday party with seven other ten- to twelve-year-olds who spent the night, and that kinda removed the option. I spent the morning making a pancake breakfast and enjoying the company and conversation of eight energetic young women. Maybe tonight.

I hope for - expect - nay, demand - your full review tomorrow morning.

I hope for - expect - nay, demand - your full review tomorrow morning.

I'll try, but I have an inherent conflict of interest: Sister Vort loved the book series and has enjoyed the movies, and I'm quite a big fan of Sister Vort. So my review of the movie will inevitably be influenced by my wife's enjoyment thereof. Be prepared.