FlyLady

Vort

I love flylady. I unsubscribed to the emails after a week or so. I now just visit the site.

I only really stuck with one thing I learned from flylady: Do not go to bed until you've cleaned your kitchen sink.

I tried it years ago when I had dial-up and I could hardly keep up with the plethora of e-mails. I liked the philosophy of just starting where you are, but I was a little overwhelmed by the messages. Maybe I'll give it another try. :)

I got so fed up with 50 emails a day telling me to put on my shoes and shine my sink that I started replying to them, telling them to go shine her own danged sink. She never replied. To make myself feel better, I like to imagine that her house is actually Hoarders-worthy and her computer is the only place to sit (and therefore my house is much, much cleaner).

I'm sure she's a lovely person. I just don't like being told what to do. And I doubt she has toddler twins (who we have dubbed Destructo Boy and his sidekick, Princess Tornado).

Just did a quick Google of her, and an equally fast browse of the site -- I don't get it. Is it like a Relief Society DIY (and while you're at it, change your attitude) website? And a big LOL that you can receive emails reminding you to clean your house.. Wow.

For the overwhelmed, full-time working, procrastinating, general anxiety disorder sufferer, I find her to be a breath of fresh air. Nice to have someone say "hey...it's okay to take one thing at a time" and make it manageably incremental.

Never been so fast to unsubscribe to a subscription of daily e-mail avalanches before, however...holy cowlamoly. :D