Tis The Season To Wear Slippers! For the whole family.

Bini

This year I'm keeping Christmas simple. Every gift wrapped is going to be practical and in a reasonable price range. After much over thinking of gift ideas, I had a eureka moment, and decided that everyone in the family are getting a pair of slippers! Yes, that's right, everyone! Grandpas, grandmas, siblings, and husband -- are all gonna be sportin' slippers ;)

Now, I still plan on being creative and getting sleepers that reflect everyone's unique personality. And I'll of course be putting more thought into some of the other gifts DH will get. But tis the season to wear slippers! So these are what I'll be getting one of the grandmas.. Minnetonka Cally (indoor/outdoor) slippers for $36.95 on Zappos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, for those over thinking gift ideas -- keep it simple! Slippers are practical, come in all styles (for varying ages and personalities) and sizes, and are generally affordable :) Hope this helps.

This is a great idea! I can't do this for all of my family because I don't know everyone's shoe sizes and I am certain that if I ask what size shoe people wear, they're going to bug me all day long why I'm asking...

This year, I'm making fleece scarves for everybody. Yep. This is the pattern I'm using:

Keep Cozy with a DIY Fleece Scarf with Pockets | DIY Your Way

The fleece was on sale Veteran's Day weekend for $4.99/yard. I can make 3 scarves for 1 yard of solid print and 1 yard of designer print. Then I'm going to use fabric paint to put personalization on one of the pockets. So, I spent under $5 for each scarf.

I made scarves for the Floridians too! It's one of those things that Floridians never buy for themselves but can be handy in January/February when the temps drop to Florida's version of freezing temps... (under 50 degrees). Or just something you put around your neck like a necklace because it looks good with your sweater. LOL.

Wingnut, those slippers look comfy. I used to have some just like those, and they lasted forever. Nice cozy indoor outdoor shoes.

Anatess, what a fun idea! I love scarves. I think they make perfect gifts for the lady family members. That's something I could do one year, as well.

I buy my slippers from Avon. Some of the most comfortable I've ever owned. I catch them when they are on sale. Plus it doesn't hurt that I also sell Avon. :)

I'd ask for a catalogue but then I am reminded that I'm shopping for OTHERS and not myself :) Oh but everyone's getting slippers anyway..

I'd ask for a catalogue but then I am reminded that I'm shopping for OTHERS and not myself :) Oh but everyone's getting slippers anyway..

I'd be happy to get a catalogue to you. :)

• 2 weeks later...