I am a father!

SanctitasDeo

Since I mentioned my impending son on another thread, I figured I'd announce this. He was born on Sunday morning. He is healthy, and despite some complications with his mother, she is now recovering and pretty healthy, too.

As we gave her a blessing before surgery and during each incident, it was wonderful to know that the Lord was with us. I was worried that I was too out of it (not having slept and all) to hear the Spirit during the blessing, but after I said a couple of things (my words) the Lord's words came through.

I just wanted to share that. This is all pretty cool.

Congratulations!

Okay, I know you were just making an announcement and not seeking advice... but, I just want to share because this has saved my sanity when I had my babies.

So that both my husband and I can get decent sleep, I got a breast pump. My son used to nurse every 2 hours! So, then I would nurse him all day long and when my husband comes home from work (6pm), we would spend a quiet dinner together, then at 8PM I would go to sleep. I bought a breast pump and sometimes, I would be able to save 2 bottles of milk during the day (I know, I felt like a milk cow because it seemed like everytime I turned around I have either a baby latched on to me or a pump), so my husband would use those 2 bottles while I'm sleeping. He would take care of the baby while catching up on all his football games (he got the NFL package where he can record every single NFL game of the week) or playing video games with the baby... so then he would go to sleep at 2AM and when the baby wakes, I get to wake up too. My husband wakes up at 8AM and rush to get to work by 9AM, but at least he's had 6 hours of sleep.

So, we end up with both of us getting at least 6 solid straight hours of uninterrupted sleep. This really saved both of our sanity!