Would this get on your nerves?

georgia2

If someone close to you hummed a lot. The humming is not a song or tune just arbitrary notes. If it were a song it would be pleasant but because its just notes it seems WEIRD to me. Thoughts?

Humming, nail biting, singing loudly, chewing with their mouth open, lip smacking every .5 seconds, using whiney voice on purpose, crinkling paper/wrappers constantly, playing their music too loud at the wrong time of day, saying um/uh/like every 5 seconds in a presentation....

I could go on.

I once worked in a university library and we always had students who did that and the rule was to ask them to be quiet. It would, however, bother me, especially if I were fishing, and I might say that the fish can hear those sounds. With my quick sense of humor, however, I would probably end-up laughing at the obnoxious sounds.

Edited by Gargantuan
Editit

I find myself humming, hmmming to random notes, or just singing random notes often. Not being any good at it I suppose it might annoy people but my husband tells me he doesnt pay any attention to it. Maybe you could ask them to actually sing something or just start singing and maybe they will join? Or turn on some music? :)

I think one note would be less annoying. I have suggested they get a particular song in their head to hum to but I'm the meanie getting annoyed at someone being lighthearted. Or so that's what I'm accused of.

Humming, nail biting, singing loudly, chewing with their mouth open, lip smacking every .5 seconds, using whiney voice on purpose, crinkling paper/wrappers constantly, playing their music too loud at the wrong time of day, saying um/uh/like every 5 seconds in a presentation....

I could go on.

Yeah! You've got it! Chewing and lip smacking AND crinkling wrappers while you're trying to listen to something? This person does them all! Ick