If you're well-endowed, where do you shop?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Ann Taylor, but they are more expensive. I try to shop at the outlet store when I buy something from Ann Taylor.

thanks for the other link.

I agree about the original Ann Taylor, but I was referring more specifically to the Loft. It's still definitely more than Target, but it's certainly not career-priced clothing. Ann Taylor (clothing retailer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree about the original Ann Taylor, but I was referring more specifically to the Loft. It's still definitely more than Target, but it's certainly not career-priced clothing. Ann Taylor (clothing retailer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've never found anything at The Loft that fits well or that I like. :( So I drive up the Park City when I'm looking for something along the lines of Ann Taylor. :)

Funny. Now if we were talking about temple garments that would be a perfect answer. :P

I thought that was the point of the whole thread. Or is "Eowyn" an alias for that guy who always talked about how his underwear was too tight?

No Eowyn was talking about regular clothes and how to purchase modest clothes if you are overly endowed.

That's what I'm saying. We're all endowed just right -- the temples know what they're doing -- so we can all safely shop at the distribution center.

I bought a coat at the end of season last year from shopruche.com. It's a great fit, and coats aren't always easy to find. I'll have to look around at their other clothes. I like their general style.

Edited by Eowyn

Last night I was reading out loud the different thread titles to my husband to see which ones he would like to read together with me. When I read Eowyn's thread title "If you're well-endowed, where do you shop?", then went on to the next thread title, he said, "Whoa, go back to the other one. What's that about?" He did not interpret it as a well-endowed woman, looking for clothing. I had to explain what the thread was about. He was totally thinking it was about the opposite gender when he heard the title. We both got a laugh out of that one.

I found a place I like on the internet. They are very comfy. It has a weird name because it used to be a renaissance clothing store. They do still have a leaning that way which I iike. Holy Clothing. Tops, Shirts, Blouses in gothic, gypsy, renaissance and peasant styles for great prices by HolyClothing.com

Is there a website to get cheap black nail polish too? :lol:

Not only am I well endowed, I am amply padded :cool:- the only place I have found affordable, modest clothing is online at Woman Within Plus Size Clothing | Top | Pants | Dress | Coat | Swim | Woman Within

Check out the sizing chart - you may wear a small or medium. I read the reviews also - find out if it sized small or too big, if the sleeves are tight, or not forgiving around the bust. I bought a blouse that was just too tight, even though it said it was a 1X (3X at Roman's or Lane Bryant). I should have gotten a 2X or sent it back - but now I think I will give it as a Christmas gift to one of the RS sisters. ps- I am a 44DD :eek: and I am only 5'3" so I get the petite.

I remember seeing those thinga-magigs that you attach to the straps of your bra that gives that "layered shirt" look and covers the cleavage. I think it was in one of those infomercial things. There's also one that you wear around your hips that gives the look of a longer layered shirt and covers plumber's butt.

I tried googling it but I can't come up with the proper search terms to pull what I'm talking about...

Anatess I think you are talking about these if I'm not mistaken:

Posted Image

THAT'S THE ONE! Yeah. There's also the covers-the-bottom-of-the-shirt one.

I think that would work very well for well-endowed women. Wish I had that problem. :D

Not only am I well endowed, I am amply padded :cool:- the only place I have found affordable, modest clothing is online at Woman Within Plus Size Clothing | Top | Pants | Dress | Coat | Swim | Woman Within

Check out the sizing chart - you may wear a small or medium. I read the reviews also - find out if it sized small or too big, if the sleeves are tight, or not forgiving around the bust. I bought a blouse that was just too tight, even though it said it was a 1X (3X at Roman's or Lane Bryant). I should have gotten a 2X or sent it back - but now I think I will give it as a Christmas gift to one of the RS sisters. ps- I am a 44DD :eek: and I am only 5'3" so I get the petite.

I have bought clothing from Woman Within and from One Plus. One Plus is the only place I can find cotton knit nightgowns long enough.

I have bought clothing from Woman Within and from One Plus. One Plus is the only place I can find cotton knit nightgowns long enough.

Haven't even looked at One Plus- now I will though. I can't do nightgowns- being hung with a dirty rope would be more comfortable! I prefer all cotton/cotton blend- woven rather than knit - jammies. I cut the legs off at the knees and hem. Prefer cap sleeves for the summer and to the elbow sleeves for winter. Yep, I will cut the sleeves off if they go to the wrist.

WalMart used to carry really nice mostly cotton jammies for the Plus size woman. I have a friend who is small chested but large from the waist down. She prefers cotton just like I do, so I would buy a pair of jammies to fit my top, with the bottoms being 1 size too large. She would buy a pair to fit her top and we would trade the parts that didn't fit. BUT our local WalMart no longer carries much of anything for the Plus Woman. Oh, they have nightgowns- sleeveless and in knits. The blouses are sleeveless and really low necked. The skirts are way too short and tight. For heavens sake, I want to cover my body respectfully, not look like a street walker!

At Woman Within, they offer a seersucker house dress aka lounger in a variety of plaids. Has a snap front, short sleeves, two pockets in front, comes in Petite- and mostly is on sale for $12.99. I wear this to Church! Have three different colors. Is cut about 1/2 size too small, so I get this in 2X. In petite it hits me half way between the knee and the ankle - just where I like it!

Oh, as a side note, three of the Young Women in my Branch asked me where I got my dress - yep the lounger. Told them online at Woman Within - a month later two of them were wearing one just like mine- well a different color each. Their Mother's thanked me for the information and that they were ordering more clothes from there for the girls. One of the girls used to show up at church in nearly mini skirt and 3"wedged shoes. She is a plus size, and to see her in this seersucker dress, with cute 1" wedge canvas shoes is refreshing.

Edited by Iggy

THAT'S THE ONE! Yeah. There's also the covers-the-bottom-of-the-shirt one.

I think that would work very well for well-endowed women. Wish I had that problem. :D

They used to call those dickies. I have a couple but you didn't used to have to buy them on TV. lol

They used to call those dickies. I have a couple but you didn't used to have to buy them on TV. lol

I only know dickies as the fake turtle neck that you could wear under a shirt or blouse.

Posted Image

Edited by pam

I have a couple that you attach to the neckline of a blouse or dress somehow. I probably stole them off of clothes they came with that are long since gone.

I also have a wide array of tanks that I wear with things. They don't always help as much as they ought to.